Penne Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli
This quick and easy penne pasta recipe will be ready in just 30 minutes! Perfect for busy weeknights or when you just want to satisfy your pasta cravings. Deliciously healthy, too!
- 1 package penne pasta
- 1 package broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 package lean Italian turkey sausage or any sausage of your choice casings removed and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. After 7 minutes, add the broccoli and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat and drain pasta and broccoli.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add sausage and cook for about 10-12 minutes until browned. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and stir-fry for another minute.
Toss the pasta in the sausage mixture and add the remaining olive oil and heat through.
Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.