Low Carb Appetizer Baked Eggplant Parmesan
This low carb appetizer of baked parmesan eggplant is perfect for snacks, too. Make a bunch for your next gathering and the kids will love them, too!
- 1 medium sized Japanese/long eggplant or any variety of eggplant will also do
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 1 egg or egg white substitute
- 2 tbsp water
- dip you can use store-bought dip such as ranch or marinara
Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices.
Mix all the spices, set aside. Beat the eggs and add 2 tbsp water.
Dip each individual eggplant slice into the egg wash.
Mix the parmesan cheese with the spices. Coat each eggplant slice with this mixture.
Coat or spray the cooling rack with avocado oil or any spray oil to avoid the eggplant from sticking.
Arrange the coated eggplant in the baking rack. Place the wire roasting rack on the baking pan and bake at 400 degrees F for about 25-28 minutes.