Do you love baking? Having the right bakeware set is essential in creating the perfect pastries or desserts. The items included in your chosen bakeware set each have a unique purpose. Below is a quick guide on how you can fully utilize your complete bakeware set:
What’s Included in a Complete Bakeware Set
- Muffin Pans – Pour the batter in the muffin pans and bake cupcakes, muffins, breakfast quiches, peanut butter cups, or baked egg cups. Since they are nonstick, you can also use them for no-bake goodies.
- Baking Pans / Cookie Sheets – The only main difference between baking pans or cookie sheets is that cookie sheets may be flat or have one raised edge for easy sliding. Baking pans, on the other hand, have raised edges so the goodies won’t spill over. If your baking pan is nonstick, you can easily use a spatula to easily lift the cookies off the pan.
- Cooling Racks – Stainless steel cooling racks are not just for cooling baked goods. You can also use them to drain fried food such as fried chicken wings. You can also use them for decorating baked goods. Most cooling racks can also be used as a roasting or grilling rack. Look for cooling racks that have the right height to allow air to properly circulate underneath and prevent condensation that leads to soggy goods.
- Loaf Pan – A loaf pan allows the bread to shape while baking. It is usually rectangular in shape. Not only is it used for bread but also for pound cake, meatloaf, or casserole. You can even use the loaf pan to freeze homemade ice cream!
- Round or Square Cake Pans – These traditional cake pans have flat bottoms and straight sides to make level cakes. They make for ideal canvasses for cake decorators so they can easily frost a cake. Opt for nonstick cake pans that can withstand high heat to prevent burning and to easily unmold the cakes.
- Roaster Pan with Lids – A roaster pan is a large, deep roasting pan that you can use for large cuts of meats and veggies. It normally comes with a roasting rack that you can place inside it. Other items have lids included which you can use to serve or store food. Roaster pans are also perfect for baking lasagna and other pasta dishes.
- Perforated Pizza Pan – If you want crispier pizza, choose perforated pizza pans instead of solid pans. The holes at the bottom prevent moisture build up and cooks pizza faster. Just make sure that you watch over your pizza to prevent burning, especially if you are making thick-crust pizza.
- Silicone Trivets – Of course, your hands and kitchen counter need to be protected when cooking or baking your favorite recipes. The honeycomb design silicone trivets can withstand temperatures up to 446°F. They are also flexible enough to hold on to large pots and pans without slipping. Since they are made of silicone, you can run them in the dishwasher, hang to dry, then use right away.
Now that you know how to use the different items in a bakeware set, it’s time to choose the right bakeware set that’s complete for your kitchen needs. Kitchenatics offers a 12-piece complete bakeware set with all of the above items. They’re also made of nonstick carbon steel that’s easy to handwash and heat resistant for perfectly baked goods and delicious meals!
Don’t forget to share this article with others!
“Cooking is like painting or writing a song. Just as there are only so many notes or colors, there are only so many flavors—it’s how you combine them that sets you apart.”
– Wolfgang Puck