Are you still using a cloth potholder? Why don’t you try switching to these multi-purpose silicone trivets? Not only are they useful in the kitchen, you can use them around your home and even outside the home. I have one set that I use in the kitchen to hold my large cast iron pans and baking sheets with. Another set I use as coasters for the dining table. When I run out of gift ideas, I give them out to my friends and they love it!
Versatile Multi-Purpose Silicone Trivets
Apart from using the trivet hot pads as a potholder, here are other ways that you can use them in and outside the home:
- Jar Opener – Opening that new jar of pickles can be a pain. Use your silicone trivet pads to open the lid without any effort.
2. Protect your dresser – Hot straightening irons and blow dryers can ruin your wooden dressers. Use these trivets to hold them.
3. For crafting – Arts and crafts enthusiasts will also find these silicone trivet pads useful in their workstation. Use it as a palette for your paint brush or to hold a hot glue gun.
4. Ironing clothes – Use your multi-purpose silicone trivets to rest your flat iron on. These helps you protect yourself from accidentally touching a hot iron or burning your clothes.
5. In the Car – Leather seats can get too hot in the summer. You can bring your silicone trivets with you and protect your bottom from the heat.
6. Anti-slip Mobile Phone Holder – If your mobile phone keeps on slipping while you drive, bring one trivet and place it on the car seat. The anti-slip properties of the honeycomb design will prevent your mobile phone from slipping. Just don’t text and drive!
7. Garlic Peeler – Place the garlic cloves in between the silicone pads then roll the trivets to crush them. You can also smash them in the trivets with your hands.
Amazing, right? One set of trivets with so many uses. What’s great about these trivets is that they are easy to clean and dry, too. Plus, the stain and odors don’t stick so you can be sure that they last a lifetime. I understand that water droplets may stay in the honeycomb design — it can get annoying. What I do is, after washing, I give them a good shake or clap them together to get rid of the excess water. I just hang them to dry and they’re ready for use in a few minutes.
What about you? Any other interesting uses for your multi-purpose silicone trivets? If you don’t have them yet, grab a set now!
Don’t forget to share these tips with your friends!