A Family of Meat Lovers!
With a family of 4 boys, our household NEVER runs out of meat — especially bacon. I, myself, love to eat meat. Good thing that the Keto diet requires meat so I’m good to go.
I always love to get creative with food. Well, I never had a problem with feeding the kids coz whatever I serve on the table is usually wiped out in just one sitting. Not sure if it’s just their big appetite or I am a good cook or both!
Another ingredient that we never run out of is BACON. We absolutely love bacon! Ever since we started cooking bacon in the oven, we always had it in stock. Turkey bacon, smoked bacon, Canadian bacon, pancetta — you name it, we’ve tried them all!
So, I got creative and tried this deliciously meaty Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin recipe…
What you need
Make sure you have the ingredients ready before cooking. Mind you, this recipe takes less than an hour to cook and prepare but will be gone sooner than that!
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Your favorite BBQ dry rub (I use Pit Boss Smoked Infused Rubs since I like smoky flavor)
- 7-8 slices of thick cut bacon, enough to wrap the tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to make Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- First, preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Season the pork tenderloin with a little salt and your favorite BBQ dry rub seasoning.
- Wrap the pork tenderloin with bacon, enough to cover from end-to-end, tucking underneath to secure.
- Place some aluminum foil on a baking pan to catch the drippings. Place the roasting rack on top of the pan and carefully arrange the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin on it.
- Place the wrapped tenderloin on the baking pan and rack set.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roast for 45 minutes or until internal temperature of the loin reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing to serve.
Note: You can also glaze the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin with either your favorite BBQ sauce or maple syrup.
Time to Eat!
The smell of the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin wafted through the kitchen. As soon as brought out the pan, I could hear the boys rushing in the dining area! That’s how excited they are to eat! Family dinners are always special in our home — we make it a rule to have no gadgets and no negative conversations. Each of the family members is required to share the highlight of their day while enjoying this sumptuous meal.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and leave us a comment, too!