These taco lettuce wraps are the healthier alternative to regular tacos. Although we use lettuce leaves instead of taco shells, the filling adds a variety of flavor. Children somehow have an aversion to veggies, but this is the perfect way to motivate them to eat veggies! Trust me – it worked for my family.
The recipe uses beef but you can also use chicken to make chicken taco lettuce wraps. Beef taco lettuce wraps are best for Keto diets, too. If you want to go vegan, ditch the meat and add more black beans.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef (you can also use chicken or turkey)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat some olive oil. Brown the ground meat for about 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure to break the ground meat so they don’t clump. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- Return the ground meat to the skillet. Add the salsa, green chiles (optional if you have kids), and taco seasoning. Let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Next, add the corn, beans and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on the taco holders. Spoon the meat mixture on each lettuce wrap. Add shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream as desired.
There you have it! This is so easy that you can prepare it in less than 30 minutes. Making these tacos is fun and even the children love filling up the lettuce wraps. Our stylish and sturdy taco holders prevent mess and spills, which also make it easier to serve and eat them.
What are you waiting for? Make this taco lettuce wraps for your Taco Tuesdays or Taco Thursdays! Don’t forget to share the recipe with your friends!
Check out our restaurant-style taco holders: