When I remember my childhood days, I remember looking forward to Sundays because that is the day when my mom would cook something special. As my children grew up, I continued tradition and made sure that I always cook something special on Sundays. Sundays are also more relaxed for us as we get ready to start another work week. Saturdays are a bit busy coz that is the time I do most of my household chores. Thus, I decided to cook this oven roasted beef for lunch.
How to Get the Best Oven Roasted Beef
Choosing a cut of meat determines how good your dish will be. Always choose the best cut depending on how you will cook it. For example, if you are going to roast large cuts of meat, it is best to choose the tender cuts. However, if you choose to make a stew, you can opt for the cheaper cuts then just slow cook them or place them in the pressure cooker.
For this recipe, there are many beef cuts to choose from. Here are some suggestions:
- Eye Round Steak
- Bottom Round Roast
- Chuck Shoulder Pot Roast
- Rib Roast
- Ribeye Roast
- Round Tip Roast
- Rump Roast
- Tenderloin Roast
- Top Sirloin Steak
- Tri-Tip Roast
Our personal preference is the tri-tip and ribeye roast because they are easy to find. You can also check out our recipe for Tri-Tip Roast. Don’t forget to make some delicious homemade gravy, too. This oven roasted beef also goes well with the Keto Broccoli Salad that I made.
Although this recipe takes 3 hours to cook, you can just prepare it early and let it roast in the oven while you relax. I started preparing the beef around 8 in the morning. As the beef roasted in the oven, I did my morning workout then went to relax in front of the TV. I think I also dozed off for a few minutes LOL! Anyway, I started prepping the salad just a few minutes before lunch is served.
Try this recipe and make Sundays more special for you or for your family! Have a great weekend!
Oven Roasted Beef Weekend Special
- 3 lbs rump roast or tri-tip roast, ribeye roast, tenderloin roast
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 2-oz package of dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup beef broth
- Let the roast thaw in room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Trim excess fat off the roast.
- In a Dutch oven or roasting pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Brown the roast 1 minute per side.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix on the roast. Pour the beef broth over the roast and on the sides.
- Cover and roast for 3 hours until beef is tender and falls apart. For every additional pound over 3 pounds, roast for an additional 40 - 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.
1 thought on “Weekend Special: Oven Roasted Beef”
I love making special dinners every Sunday. I came across this recipe and tried it. Always worth the wait when cooking beef. The beef was tender and juicy. Another recipe that turned out amazing.