It’s good to have snacks handy when you spend a lot of time at home. No matter if you have kids in the house or none, it’s better to have snacks readily available so you can skip ordering fast food. Especially nowadays when most people stay at home due to the threat of the virus, having something to satisfy your hunger and cravings is a must. This Walnut Zucchini Healthy Muffins recipe is one snack you should definitely try out. It’s a great way to input some veggies and other nutrients in the diet in a delicious way.
Why You Need to Try this Healthy Muffins Recipe
These healthy muffins are packed with nutrients and are so easy to make. What I did was make 2 dozen and stocked the rest in the freezer. I can easily pop them in the microwave to reheat as needed.
One of the healthy ingredients in these muffins are walnuts. Walnuts are rich in vitamins, minerals, fats, and healthy fiber. They are also rich in antioxidants and Omega 3s. Thus, walnuts may help contribute to a healthy gut and also help reduce the risk of some cancers, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure. Walnuts are also great for brain health. That is why most people snack on walnuts and other nuts to keep their brain energized, especially when at work. Now, you can enjoy eating walnuts with delicious cupcakes.
Zucchini is another vital and nutritious ingredient in this recipe. Zucchini is rich in nutrients such as protein, fat, carbs, Vitamin A, Potassium, Vitamin B6, and Thiamine, among others. Rich in nutrients, zucchinis are also packed with antioxidants and contributes to a healthy digestive system. Since zucchinis are rich in Vitamin A, they help contribute to a better vision. It can also help reduce blood sugar levels and improve heart health. Plus, zucchini gives the muffins a moist texture and that definitely makes it better.
As you can see, this healthy muffins recipe will not just satisfy your cravings but will also contribute to good health. Snacking on it or serving it for dessert will have more benefits than you can think of.
Let’s Get Baking!
Since these healthy baked muffins take only less than an hour to bake, you can also make a lot and sell them for profits. I’m sure this will be a hit because a lot of people are into healthy eating right now. Don’t forget to grab your cooling racks for cooling the muffins afterwards!
Here’s another recipe made with zucchini — try this Low Carb Zucchini Bread, too!
Walnut Zucchini Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and melted butter. Whisk until well blended. Add this to the flour mixture and mix until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the walnuts, raisins, and zucchini.
- Get a muffin pan and fill it with the muffin mixture until 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. To test, insert a toothpick in the middle; if it comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
- Cool the muffins for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.