Who doesn’t love tacos? We don’t just have Taco Tuesdays at home, sometimes we have Taco Thursdays, Taco Fridays, and just a Taco Day! Especially when it’s game day. The boys love sports – be it basketball or football. Gameday has them glued to the television, rooting for their fave NBA or NFL team. I don’t even know what they’re talking about LOL! I just let them be while I get busy in the kitchen…
Mess-free Taco Tuesdays
Before, I didn’t like preparing tacos because it got so messy afterward. It’s so annoying to pile up all the goodies and have them end up on the carpet — ugh! So, we decided to get creative and came up with these stainless steel tacos holder stands. Now, we just pile up all the goodies in tacos or burritos and serve ’em up! I can even reheat them in the oven. Perfect for when guests arrive, too! Oh, and I also use them for hotdog sandwiches.
Oh, and the best thing about the tacos holder? You can reheat them in the oven along with the tacos. You can also toss them in the dishwasher after use, too.
Prepping the Tacos!
Okay, so they are all busy and forgot about me. I started to get busy in the kitchen. Good thing my stepdaughter is here so we can bond and chit chat while the boys get all holed up in whatever sport is on! Funny how they make all those weird sounds when they’re watching a game — I’m thinking they’re turning into cavemen! LOL! When the tacos are ready, I’m sure they’ll all get crazy and turn into hungry cavemen haha! But I love my boys, cooking for them is something that I truly enjoy — especially when I’m so good at cooking that they eat every morsel I feed them (wink, wink).
So, without further ado… I’d like to share with you my recipe for Soft Chicken Tacos. You can also try out our vegan version Taco Lettuce Wraps!
Don’t forget to comment below and let us know how it went! Please share this with your taco-lovin’ friends out there!
Soft Chicken Tacos
- 1 lb boneless chicken cut into strips
- 1 cup salsa mild or spicy, depending on your preference
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 10 pieces flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Over medium-high heat, heat some oil in a large skillet. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and stir-fry it for approximately 7 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Pour 2 cups of water to the chicken. Add the salsa and seasoning mix and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the rice, cover, turn down the heat to low and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture onto previously warmed tortillas. Sprinkle it generously with the shredded cheddar cheese.