What 2 foods would you wish come together as one delicious dish? I can think of a lot! Pizza and burger, pie and ice cream, pizza and pasta, tacos and burger, and tacos and pasta! I’m such a foodie that I never pass up the opportunity to try new dishes — even though I have to break my diet. Hey, we all got to have a cheat day, right? And that is how I found this satisfying Taco Pasta Salad!
Why You Should Try this Taco Pasta Salad
If you want to know the epitome of cravings satisfied, you should definitely try this! Oh, and don’t get worries about the pasta and cheese, they can be beneficial to your health, too. If you’re worried about the additional carbs and calories you get from pasta, you can opt for low carb pasta such as whole meal pasta or shirataki noodles. On the other hand, you get more fiber and protein from pasta as compared with rice.
This recipe is actually rich in nutrients which are also good for dental health. This recipe contains cheese and dairy products contain calcium which helps strengthen the teeth. It also has fruits and veggies such as tomatoes (yes, tomato is s fruit!) and cilantro. Fruits and veggies are high in water and fiber that helps the mouth salivate. Salivation helps wash away bad bacteria from the mouth.
In addition, it has olive oil which is rich in Omega 3s and is good for the heart. Add the black beans which are rich in antioxidants, protein, fiber, and carbohydrates which help the body process calories.
So you see, the health benefits still outweigh the not-so-healthy effects. It’s okay because you are not binge-eating so let’s enjoy our food without any guilt! Enjoy!
If you’re looking for more taco recipes, check out our Traditional Mexican Pork Tacos recipe!
Easy Taco Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 lb macaroni or medium pasta shells
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups canned corn kernels
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 pieces tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups salsa add more as desired
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese or cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 pieces avocados, ripe but firm diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, and salsa. Toss to combine. Make sure to leave some cilantro for garnish.
- In another bowl, mix the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, and taco seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, toss the dressing along with the avocados and cheese. Add more cilantro and top with sour cream or crushed tortillas as desired.
1 thought on “Can’t Decide Between Tacos or Pasta? Have Them Both in this Taco Pasta Salad Recipe”
Thanks for the delicious recipe! I’ll be sure to make this for future family gatherings. It tastes terrific!