Liven up your taco Tuesdays with these healthier version of tacos! These healthy taco lettuce wraps are perfect for those on the Keto diet. This is also the best way to get your family to eat veggies. I’m sure they can’t say no to veggies once they try this. Don’t forget your stainless steel taco holders!
The Secret To Fulfilling Taco Lettuce Wraps
Although this recipe use lettuce instead of taco shells, the key is in the filling. The filling is the focal point of the recipe so it complements the flavor of the veggies. You can also use substitute the beef for chicken. However, both are acceptable for the Keto diet. If you wan’t to go vegan, ditch the meat and add more black beans to substitute the meat. Other alternatives are tofu, turkey, or lentils. Check out healthier meat alternatives for more ideas.
Even the boys know how to make these delicious tacos. I taught them how to make the filling and sometimes they would just help themselves in the kitchen. They already got the hang of preparing their own tacos!
Terrific Taco Tuesdays
Taco Tuesdays serve as a busy break from busy Mondays. Mondays are the busiest day of the week for me cos I have to start the week off right and plan my other errands. Tuesdays let me transition well from a busy day to a more relaxed week. Out of habit, we really take taco Tuesdays seriously. Every week, each member of the family would come up with their own taco recipe and serve it for dinner. Of course, clean up is always a breeze because we have these handy dandy and classy taco holders!
Serve these delicious taco lettuce wraps and leave us feedback on the comments below. Stay tuned for more taco recipes for your taco Tuesdays! Don’t forget to share this recipe!
Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground meat of your choice turkey, chicken, or beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 can corn kernels drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat some olive oil. Brown the ground meat for about 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure to break the ground meat so they don’t clump. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- Return the ground meat to the skillet. Add the salsa, green chiles (optional if you have kids), and taco seasoning. Let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Next, add the corn, beans and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on the taco holders. Spoon the meat mixture on each lettuce wrap. Add shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream as desired.