March 8th marked the celebration of International Women’s Day. But did you know that March is also Women’s History Month? During this month, we honor the valiant women who contributed to history — not just in the United States but worldwide. More aptly, March is also the start of spring. On March 19th, we celebrate the spring equinox. Spring signifies rebirth and new beginnings. I’m not being a feminist but women symbolize spring because of childbirth. What better way to celebrate spring and nurture than with a nice, warm bowl of Keto Chicken Soup.
Celebrate Spring with these Activities
Since spring signals a refreshing season, what better way to spend it than outdoors! My hubby loves to barbecue, so this is the season that we mostly have barbecue cookouts at our backyard. Sometimes, we even have friends and family come over and we dine outside. The children have an amazing time outside — they play catch, tag, then roast marshmallows at night. On some weekends we even camp out. We cook our favorite S’Mores Pie which is perfect for camping out.
I’ve been thinking of other spring activities that we can enjoy as a family. Biking would be perfect! We could all rent a bicycle somewhere or even get our own! That would be fun and healthy, too!
Keto Chicken Soup that Warms the Soul
Since spring means new beginning, new life, and freshness, wouldn’t it be appropriate to eat more fresh fruits and veggies? For all the busy moms, cooks, and homemakers out there, cooking up a refreshing and healthy recipe is always a challenge. Especially if you have challenges feeding your family. Another challenge is when they don’t like veggies. We just have to be creative, right?
Anyway, I found this delicious Keto Chicken Soup from Delish and decided to try it out. Chicken soup is the perfect pick-me-up when you’re tired or not feeling well. Remember Grandma’s chicken soup? Nothing ever fails to calm the tummy or relieve the flu than a nice warm bowl of chicken soup! What’s great about this recipe is that it’s packed with protein and veggies. Healthy, delicious, and refreshing!
Check out the recipe and share them with your friends, too! Leave us a comment and let us know how it went!
Keto Chicken Soup
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 piece medium onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic smashed
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger sliced thinly
- 1 piece small cauliflower cut into florets
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 piece medium carrot peeled and julienned thinly
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- 2 pieces boneless and skinless chicken breasts diced
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion, ginger, and garlic until lightly browned.
- In a food processor, process the cauliflower until it looks like rice. Add the cauliflower rice to the pot and cook over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes until lightly browned. Stir occasionally.
- Add carrots, celery, chicken broth and pepper flakes. Let it simmer then add the chicken breasts. Let it cook for about 15 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165° F.
- Remove the chicken breasts, let them cool then shred into strips. Allow the vegetables to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the ginger as desired. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat. Garnish with parsley before serving.