Ever since we cooked fried chicken in the oven, it’s one of our emergency lunches. But honestly, we get tired of eating fried chicken, too. I’ve come up with new twists to regular fried chicken such as Cajun Fried Chicken and Orange Fried Chicken. Add to that list, here’s another fried chicken recipe — this time this Sesame Chicken recipe has soy and honey.
I cannot reiterate enough how easy it is to just “bake” fried chicken in the oven. No oil splatter, no greasy pans — only healthier, crispier fried chicken! Oh, and did I mention that it’s more convenient? I just place the cooling rack over the baking pan, arrange the chicken pieces, and toss them in the oven. I don’t even need to flip each chicken piece! The one-inch height of the cooling rack lets heat circulate underneath the chicken, which makes it cook evenly. Oh and the baking pan conducts heat very well, so it cooks the chicken faster which means the juices are retained.
I can just let the chicken cook in the oven while I attend to other matters, such as making the sauce, tidying up, and having a few minutes of rest while checking my phone.
Why You Should Make this Sesame Chicken Recipe
So, why do you need another fried chicken recipe? Simple! You need variety in your life!
Imagine a party or a family gathering. Nobody can say no to fried chicken. Plus, chicken is a versatile ingredient and easy to cook. Thus, you can serve a large platter of fried chicken with different flavors! You can even bring this to potluck parties. Your friends and family will be amazed and delighted. No hassle for you, too!
This is also perfect for game day and picnics. You can use different fried chicken cuts such as drumsticks, wings, or small pieces of chicken breast or thighs. You can even cut up the whole chicken into pieces and use them all.
This Soy Sesame Chicken Recipe is great for lunch, dinner, gatherings, picnics, or even as finger food. Easy on the budget, takes less time to prepare, and did I mention it’s delish? You could never go wrong with fried chicken! Just be creative and serve it with variety so you and your family won’t get tired of fried chicken.
What about you? How do you like your fried chicken? What quick recipe ideas can you share with us? Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Soy Sesame Fried Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp green onions sliced
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- On a rimmed plate or shallow bowl, combine the flour and 1/2 cup cornstarch.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture first then in the flour mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Get your cooling rack and apply cooking spray then place it on top of the baking pan. Arrange the chicken pieces on the cooling rack without touching and spray evenly with cooking spray on both sides. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until crispy.
- In the meantime, get a bowl and mix the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, sesame oil, and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a skillet and add the garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add the honey mixture, let it simmer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, toss it in the honey sauce and coat evenly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions before serving.
1 thought on “Sesame Soy Fried Chicken”
The coating on the chicken was fantastic. Everything turned out perfect and delicious. Will save this recipe.