Tacos are my favorite when it comes to leftover meat. Sometimes I use leftover ground meat, ground pork, or roasted chicken. Tacos are also versatile because you can add whatever toppings you have. You can also use wheat tortillas, flour tortillas, or hard taco shells. So, if you have a lot of leftover turkey and veggies, turkey tacos are your best bet. So, grab your stainless steel taco holders and make these delicious turkey tacos!
Why We Love this Turkey Tacos Recipe
What I love about this recipe is that it will be ready in just a few minutes. I don’t even have to run to the grocery to get additional items. If you don’t have taco seasoning on hand, you can use cumin, chili powder and garlic powder instead. You can also skip the cumin if you don’t have it. If you don’t have garlic powder, fresh garlic will do so long as you sauté it first before adding the turkey meat.
Another trick is to add beans to the mixture. This ensures you’ll have more filling for your tacos. You can even turn the tacos into burritos if you have leftover rice.
Good thing I thought of making this because a few of my friends decided that they would drop by for a visit. They mentioned that they brought food, but of course, I wouldn’t want to be caught empty-handed. I make it a point to always serve my guests food, no matter if they are family or friends. Food is the ultimate bond among friends and family.
I grabbed my set of stainless steel taco holders and arranged the warm tortillas on them. No need to worry if there will be leftover tacos because you don’t need to dismantle them to reheat. I just reheat the tacos in the oven, along with the stainless steel taco holders and they are ready to serve. The stainless steel taco holders can withstand up to 575°F and are safe to use in the oven or grill. Just don’t place them in the microwave though. Plus, they are dishwasher safe so you don’t have to worry about clean up.
Leftover Turkey Tacos
- stainless steel taco holders
- shredded leftover turkey meat
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1.5 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp tomato pureé or tomato paste
- 1 tsp honey
- olive oil
- squeeze of lime juice
For the toppings:
- shredded lettuce
- grated cheese
- diced tomatoes
- diced avocados
- sour cream
- lime juice
- In a bowl, place the leftover shredded turkey and sprinkle the taco seasoning. Mix well until the meat is fully seasoned.
- In a frying pan, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Stir fry the turkey for a minute then add the tomato paste. Pour the chicken stock , honey, and the squeeze of lime juice. Let it simmer until liquid is reduced. stirring occasionally.
- Divide the turkey filling into warmed tortillas and add your favorite toppings.