Summer is almost here! But summer will be different now — no going to the beach, camping, or having picnics in the park. However, that doesn’t mean that we cannot have summer grilling at home, right?
My hubby loves to grill and roast meat. In fact, whenever I tell him I want some pork roast or grilled chops, he would suddenly light up and get excited. I admit, he makes the best barbecue so I let him enjoy it!
Anyway, I found this delicious recipe for Smoked Beef Chuck Roast and decided to try it. We have the REC TEC RT-340 at home and it is really good! What I love about it is that it has foldable legs which make it convenient to bring on picnics and summer outings.
Summer Grilling Here We Go!
My hubby got ready preparing the beef chuck roast for summer grilling while I prepared Taco Lettuce Cups as our side dish. I just used the leftover chicken for the tacos. For dessert, I made some S’mores Pie yesterday which I kept in the fridge. Seems like a feast, right?
Well, I guess this is also our way of celebrating. You see, my eldest son, who turned 18 last month decided to become independent and move out. This is our way of celebrating his independence — I’m proud of him!
Anyway, I’d like to share with you the recipe that we used for the smoked beef. I’m excited to try it out as this is a first for us to use the marinades. I’m sure it will be delicious!
Should I take out the wine? Nah! I’ll save that for dinner! Some freshly squeezed lemonade would do.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends! Leave us a comment, too, and tell us all about your barbecue recipes! Enjoy!
Smoked Beef Chuck Roast for Summer Grilling
- REC TEC RT340 grill
- roasting rack
- baking pan
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 tbsp REC TEC Grills Casanova's Competition Rub
- 3 tbsp REC TEC Grills Rossarooski's Honey Rib Rub
- 3 tbsp REC TEC Grills Ben's Heffer Dust
- Trim the excess fat.
- Inject with beef stock.
- Season liberally with the barbecue rubs.
- Let it marinate and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the REC TEC grill to 225°F.
- Smoke the beef until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Wrap the meat in foil and continue to roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 203°F.
- Let it rest for 30 to 45 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your fave barbecue sauce.