It’s a weekend again! The much-awaited days are here — I wish that there were longer weekends though. My weekends are still busy but mostly spent lounging in front of the TV watching Netflix or a movie, or being busy in the kitchen cooking up some snacks or treats for the kids. Every weekend, my niece also comes over for a visit. She loves to cook so much that weekends are our special bonding moments. Since I have 4 boys, a little girl is a welcome relief! This weekend, we decided to make some yummy milk gummy candy.
Sweet and Spicy Milk Gummy Candy for Your Sweet Tooth
The unique thing about this milk gummy candy is that is has turmeric and ginger for that added kick. Both turmeric and ginger have health benefits so they’re good to mix with candy. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and is used in India as a medicinal herb. On the other hand, ginger improves digestion, eases olds and flu, helps reduce pain and inflammation, and also lowers the risk of cancer and heart problems.
This is what you call healthy candy. I’m sure my niece will love it even though it has that sort of spicy taste. She loves candy no matter what it tastes– sweet, sour, salty, spicy — she’ll eat it!
Bring Out Your Silicone Candy Molds
My sons were pestering my niece and asking her to sing and dance instead of cooking. She proudly went up to them and said, “Later! You won’t have any candy if you bother me!” That stopped them huh! Imagine a 5-year-old girl standing up to them tall boys! Now, that’s what I call a smart and brave girl!
So, we’re almost done with the milk gummy candy. We have them set in the Kitchenatics Silicone Candy Molds – 4 sets of them, even the Christmas ones! We have already placed them in the fridge to cool. The recipe is for 20 pieces so feel free to double or triple them.
Check out the recipe and feel free to share them with your friends! Don’t forget to leave us a comment on how it went! Please share your suggestions for recipes by sending us a message or commenting. Enjoy!
Milk Gummy Candy
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp vegan jelly or any type of unflavored jelly
- 1 cup cashew milk or any other milk of choice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- A Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- A Pinch of cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Using a large mixing bowl, pour some water and sprinkle the vegan jelly on top then set aside.
- Next, place a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the milk and spices and cook for about four to five minutes with regular whisking.
- Turn off the heat, add the maple syrup then mix well to combine.
- Gently pour the milk mixture into the bowl containing the water and vegan jelly.
- Whisk until the jelly completely dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into the Kitchenatics Silicone Baking, Candy and Chocolate Molds then place in the refrigerator for about three to four hours until it becomes firm.
- You can store the gummies in an airtight container and in the fridge for about a week.