Who doesn’t love shrimp? My family loves anything with shrimp in it – pasta, spicy, buttered, fried – you name it! I found this easy coconut shrimp recipe online and decided to cook baked shrimp for dinner. Instead of coconut, I also used parmesan cheese or garlic powder for a unique flavor. You can also skip the coconut and just add an extra cup of panko for the breading.
My kids like spicy so they are good with the sriracha. You can also substitute the dip with sweet chili sauce, plain mayo, honey mustard or catsup.
This crispy baked shrimp is best for appetizers or finger food during small gatherings. You can also prepare them as baked coconut shrimp tacos. We always prepare this during movie nights at home instead of the usual popcorn and chips. It takes only 30 minutes to prepare so no hassle!
Tips To Cook Your Crispy Baked Shrimp Without The Mess
Since I’m using plenty of ingredients for the breading, this crispy baked shrimp recipe can get really messy! Good thing I got this parchment paper that’s so convenient to use! Just pull them right out of the package and use them immediately. I use them to wrap sandwiches and burritos then reheat them for later.
I pulled out a sheet of parchment paper to line my baking pan before toasting the panko mixture. It really helped in easily transferring the panko mixture to a mixing bowl. Also, I used it to line the baking pan before I baked the shrimp so I can clean up the baking pan with no hassle. Perfect when I need to bake new batches of shrimp.
Try this Crispy Baked Shrimp recipe and serve it as appetizers or even as a main course for dinner! Check out the Healthy Baked Shrimp recipe, too. Let us know in the comments how it went.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends, too!
Quick and Easy Crispy Baked Shrimp
- 1 lb large shrimps peeled and deveined
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs add 1 ½ if you will skip the coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut you can also use ¼ cup of garlic powder or parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sriracha add more if you want it spicier
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs beaten
- fresh parsley minced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush your oven-safe rack with oil or cooking spray. Place it on a baking pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the panko with coconut (or garlic powder or parmesan cheese).
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper for easier cleanup and so you can easily transfer the panko mixture later.
- Spread the panko mixture evenly on the parchment paper and bake for 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Return the panko mixture to the mixing bowl and mix in the kosher salt.
- Prepare the dip by mixing the mayo, sriracha, and lime juice. Cover well and refrigerate.
- Prepare your breading station. Put flour in a plate and mix in the salt and pepper. Put the beaten eggs in a small bowl. In another plate, put the panko mixture.
- Dip the shrimp in flour first, shake it off. Dip in egg, then coat thoroughly with the panko mixture.
- Place a fresh sheet of parchment paper on the baking pan.
- Place the cooling rack on top and arrange the coated shrimps on it.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F and bake the shrimp for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, arrange on a platter, garnish with parsley and serve with your choice of dips.
1 thought on “Quick and Easy Crispy Baked Shrimp”
Omg they came out so perfect. I left them in the oven for 20 min. Nice and crispy!!!