Are you a morning person? Well, if you’re not, you are literally part of the majority. In a survey by the National Sleep Foundation, 67% of adults in the US admitted that they are not morning persons. Thus, if you’re having challenges getting out of bed early in the morning, don’t worry, a lot of people can relate! That is why preparing a quick and easy breakfast is crucial to help you and your family kickstart your day.
Why You Should Prepare a Quick and Easy Breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it determines how your day will go. One of the most important nutrients that we need is protein. A high-protein breakfast not only helps you feel full longer, but it will also keep your blood sugar low. It doesn’t give you the effect when consuming refined carbs that makes your blood surge and crash afterwards — making you feel tired and sluggish.
Here’s a quick and easy breakfast idea that will be ready in less than an hour. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare so you can just let it cook in the oven while you enjoy your cup of coffee or help the kids prep for school. What’s great about this recipe is you can prepare them ahead of time, refrigerate then just reheat for later. You can even have this any time of the day.
Let’s Get it On!
So, grab your muffin pan and start prepping the ingredients! The 12-cavity muffin pan is included in KITCHENATICS new complete bakeware set. It’s a 12-piece complete set that’s available in 3 color variants. It has everything you need in a set for all your cooking and baking needs.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with other busy parents and people on-the-go!
Leave us a comment and let us know what other quick and easy breakfast ideas you prepare.
Kale and Egg Breakfast Muffins
- 1 12-cavity muffin pan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1/2 lb chicken sausage or plain meat sausages
- 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes finely choppe
- 8 oz feta cheese crumbled
- cooking spray
- 6 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a non-stick pan, sauté onions in olive oil for about 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add the sausage and break down with a wooden spoon to remove the clumps. Cook for 5 minutes then add the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the kale into the mixture then cook for another 2 minutes or until the kale sis slightly wilted.
- Turn off heat and add the crumbled feta cheese.
- Spray the muffin pan and spoon equal parts into each cavity.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs. Pour equal parts of egg in each muffin cavity.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the eggs have set.