There are days when I feel like cooking something special even though there is no special occasion. However, I admit sometimes I get too lazy but I crave for something unique. That is how my baking pan and rack set come in handy. I found an easy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe online and got excited to try it. My family loves spicy food so this Cajun Chicken Pasta will surely be a hit.
Why Chicken and Pasta
Chicken and pasta are among those that I stocked up on during the quarantine.
Chicken is a versatile ingredient which you can use for any type of dish. Grilled, roasted, baked, fried, in soup, in sandwiches, or as part of a viand. Chicken is also rich in protein and is easy to cook.
Dried pasta, on the other hand, can be stocked up to 2 years beyond the “best by” date. You can also use it as a main dish or with soup. I got boxes of different pasta in my pantry which can last us for about a month.
How to Make Easy Cajun Chicken Pasta with Your Baking Pan and Oven Rack
Cooking chicken in the oven is a healthier alternative to frying them. The best way to cook them is to season or marinate them, arrange them on the roasting racks, and pop them in the oven. This method is easier, too, since I can prep the other ingredients or tidy up while the chicken cooks in the oven.
Another great thing about using the oven racks is that I don’t need to flip the chicken. The 1-inch height of roasting rack provides ample airflow and even cooking.
Anyway, the recipe I used required me to fry the cajun chicken. I opted to cook it in the oven for a healthier option. I assure you, the outcome is the same. Also, cooking it in the oven retained the chicken’s flavor and juices which makes it more flavorful.
Here is the recipe that I used to make Cajun Chicken Pasta. I hope you will enjoy the recipe as much as we did! Don’t forget to share this with your family and friends!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil as needed
- 1 piece thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1, 8oz container mushrooms sliced into halves or quarters
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 pieces medium Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 lb fettuccine noodles
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with the Cajun seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush your cooling racks with olive oil and place them on top of the baking sheet. Arrange the chicken breasts on the oven rack and cook them in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until crispy.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions, mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Cook the veggies for about 5-6 minutes until a bit softened.Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Pour the wine or chicken stock and cook for a minute, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Add the tomatoes, heavy cream and milk. Stir and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Bring out the Cajun chicken and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Serve the chicken with pasta, season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley.