This year’s Thanksgiving is definitely something to be thankful for. First of all, I’m thankful that no one in the family was hospitalized due to the Coronavirus. My aunt got the virus a few months back but she did not have any serious symptoms and just recovered at home. We almost had a close call with the virus when one of our close friends, who came over the house one time, was tested positive a week after he dropped by. Good thing we didn’t catch it! So, to celebrate this year’s Thanksgiving, one of the cakes that I will be making is this easy Pumpkin Seed Bundt Cake Recipe.
This bundt cake recipe is significant because the recipe was taught by my aunt. I see her as a very strong woman. Imagine, at an old age, she was not seriously affected by the virus. I jokingly told her if she could also share her strong immune system along with the recipe.
What I love about this bundt cake recipe is that it’s so easy to make. With just a few ingredients, you already have a tasty cake that you can serve during the holidays or even on special occasions. I know it’s not meant to be frosted, but I’m gonna make another version with chocolate frosting instead of powdered sugar. Chocolate always makes things more delicious!
We also have an abundance of pumpkin seeds. When we bought pumpkins for Halloween, we maximized it by using the flesh to make pie. I saved the seeds because I knew they would be handy someday — and so they were!
If you’re looking for more pumpkin recipes, you can also try this Pumpkin Hummus dip that’s perfect for appetizers. Goes well with a lot of snacks, too! You can also make this famous Turkey Recipe for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Autumn Pumpkin Seed Bundt Cake
- Round Cake Cooling Racks
- butter for greasing the pan
- pastry flour for the pan
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp pumpkin seed oil
- 1 1/4 cup pastry flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 8 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line your bundt pan with round parchment paper. Spread butter on the sides and sprinkle flour on it.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk. Beat the yolks and sugar until fluffy.
- Add oil, a pinch of salt, and 1/2 cup water. Continue beating .
- Add the flour, baking powder, and pumpkin seeds. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Gently tap the pan on the table to let it settle and remove the air bubbles.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven. Let it cool in room temperature then transfer to a round wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar or serve with your favorite frosting.
1 thought on “Pumpkin Seed Bundt Cake for the Holidays”
Made this today using fresh pumpkin. Delicious!!