Here’s another healthy and easy to prepare pasta dish for all pasta lovers out there! What’s different about this pesto chicken pasta recipe is that it uses kale instead of just basil. The tomatoes give it an added tangy flavor and nutrients, too. Plus, the chicken pieces will satisfy your protein cravings. Over-all, this is a complete meal that even picky eaters will love! If you’re looking for other pasta recipes, you can also try our Cajun Chicken Pasta that’s also easy to prepare.
What’s So Special About this Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe?
Pesto recipes normally use basil and nuts only. What’s unique about this recipe is the addition of kale to the pesto sauce. Kale has a lot of nutritional benefits. It is considered as one of the most nutritious vegetables because it is rich in Vitamin K, Vitamin C, beta carotene, and anti-oxidants. Kale is known to help reduce cholesterol. It is also rich in lutein which contributes to healthy eyesight.
Kale has a strong, earthy taste which balances with basil’s sweet and savory taste that is a bit minty. Imagine all those different flavors coming together in just one delicious recipe. Add to that, the flavor of tangy tomatoes, salty cheese, and juicy chicken strips make it a completely flavorful dish.
Delicious and healthy meals need not be time consuming when it comes to preparation. You also don’t need expensive ingredients just to have a good meal. This recipe has only a few ingredients that are easily available. Plus, it’s so easy to make so you won’t have to worry about your family or friends grumbling that they’re already hungry. Well, I’m sure this dish is worth the wait! Pair it with some homemade garlic bread and you’re good to go!
Don’t forget to share this recipe and leave us a comment once you’ve tried it!
Keto-friendly Pesto Chicken Pasta with Kale
- 1 lb dry pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup fresh basil add more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra-virgin
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in haf
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- kosher salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, return to pot, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium -high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. When oil is hot, sear chicken for 8 minutes on each side until golden.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes then slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Make the pesto sauce by putting the basil, kale, and walnuts in a food processor. Pulse until the nuts are finely chopped and you get your desired consistency.
- Scrape the sides of the food processor to combine the mixture. Gradually add the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt then pulse again until well combined.
- Pour prepared pasta over cooked pasta. Toss with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. Serve with sliced chicken on top and garnish with more basil and Parmesan as desired.
1 thought on “Keto-friendly Pesto Chicken Pasta with Kale”
This was delicious and easy to make. I used the olive oil from the sundried tomatoes to cook the chicken in which gave it a great flavor. Love this recipe.