Every baker starts with cookies as an easy recipe for baking. One of the recipes that’s a hit with family and friends of all ages is this Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies easy recipe. Pecans are a good source of potassium, calcium, and magnesium that’s healthy for kids and adults. Since pecans contain healthy fats called monounsaturated fats, they are known to help decrease levels of LDL or bad cholesterol. This makes Pecan Chocolate Chip cookies the best snacks even if you’re health-conscious or have certain health conditions.
Tips for Baking Cookies – Easy Recipe for Bakers
Do you like your cookies crispy or chewy? If you want them crispy, bake them for a few minutes longer. Just watch out that they don’t get burnt. If you prefer chewy cookies, chill the dough for about 30 minutes before baking the, in the oven.
Another trick I learned is to line the cookie sheet with parchment paper before placing the cookie dough. This prevents the cookie dough from spreading too thin. It’s also easier to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack if you line them with nonstick parchment paper.
When I don’t have pecans or chocolate chips available, I also experiment with other ingredients such as raisins or dried cranberries. I also like making these Chewy Oat Cookies, another healthy cookie recipe to satisfy my cravings without the guilt.
Let’s Get Baking!
Get your baking sets ready and start making these Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies! I baked 3 batches and had to stop the boys from consuming them all. I managed to saved a jar and hid them in the cabinet so they won’t find it!
Don’t forget to share this recipe with fellow bakers. Leave us a comment, too, if you’ve tried this recipe and if you have suggestions for improvement.
Pecan Chocolate Chip Easy Cookies Recipe
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 cookie rack
- 1 cup butter softened at room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter.
- Add the brown sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda, sifting it a little at a time.
- Next, add the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Form into dough balls and bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool in a baking rack for 5 minutes.