Pasta with seafood and veggies are among the easiest recipes to cook. Seafood, such as shrimp, and vegetables such as greens only take a few minutes to cook. They are also nutritious and easy to obtain. One of the recipes that you can try is this Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli which takes less than half an hour to make.
What’s great about this recipe is that the ingredients are easy to find. You may already have them available in your fridge and pantry. You can even substitute some of the ingredients if you don’t have them. For example, instead of fresh shrimps, you can also use frozen ones. You can even use other proteins such as chicken or tuna.
Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli for Special Occasions and Quick Dinners
Last week, my son called me up with great news. To celebrate, I made this dish for dinner to congratulate him for a job well done. During the pandemic, one thing I realized is that every day that we are alive is a reason to celebrate. That is why, as much as possible, we celebrate milestones in the family no matter how small they are.
For example, the other day, my niece called me up saying that she lost her first tooth. I decided to bake her favorite cupcakes to celebrate a “first” in her life. We dropped of the cupcakes at her home and she was truly delighted!
You don’t need to spend too much time in the kitchen cooking a delicious meal, even for surprise special moments. Make this Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli recipe for special occasions or busy weekdays.
Leave us a comment and share your feedback. We also welcome tips and suggestions for recipes.
Stay safe and healthy!
30-Minute Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra-virgin
- 1 1/2 lb shrimps peeled and deveined
- 12 oz pasta of your choice high-fiber or wheat
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 4 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 21 oz diced fire tomatoes drained
- 6 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Season shrimps with salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side or until it forms a letter C. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic, broccoli, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Cook for about 7 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and the broth is reduced to half.
- Reduce heat to low and add shrimps. Add the tomatoes and pasta. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until warmed through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese upon serving.
1 thought on “30-Minute Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe”
Just made this tonight for me and hubby.. he loves it, I substituted spinach instead of broccoli. Another great recipe! Thanks