I cannot get enough of pasta! I could eat them everyday! Tomato-based, pesto, cheesy, or with olive oil — so long as it’s a pasta dish! Since today is National Cheese Day, I decided to celebrate the day by making this creamy pasta dish for a sumptuous weeknight dinner — Creamy Beef and Cheese Pasta! The creaminess of the cheese sauce mixed with pasta is oh so good! Oh, and you know what? I found another use for my pre cut parchment paper through this recipe. Read on!
Why I Love a Nice Pasta Dish
One reason why I love pasta so much is because it is easy to cook. You can either cook the pasta separately, or cook them in the same pot, such as an Instapot or a slow cooker. Just be careful when using the Instapot and make sure you time it correctly and put the correct amount of liquids in it.
Another thing that I love about pasta dishes is that there are a variety of quick and easy ways you can prepare it. I’ve found easy pasta recipes for tomato and basil, black pasta, seafood pasta, tuna carbonara and more. Plus, the ingredients are affordable and easy to find. Heck, one time I was craving for pasta so I made one using canned tuna and milk!
Pasta and Parchment Paper
This week has been so busy for us as we are moving to a new home. Thus, I rarely had time to cook and clean up. What I did was to use parchment paper to set aside ingredients on a plate. I also line up our plates with parchment paper so it’s easier to clean up later. We can even reuse the plates afterwards; especially since my sons have a habit of eating every 2 hours!
Parchment paper has been a really helpful tool for me. Sheesh, I forgot to take a photo of my cheesy beef pasta on a parchment paper bowl! It was too good to delay eating LOL!
Anyway, without further ado, check out this delicious, easy and budget-friendly pasta dish for all pasta lovers out there! Make some Creamy Beef and Cheese Pasta and celebrate National Cheese Day!
What about you? What delicious cheese or pasta dishes can you share? Leave us a comment and share your thoughts!
Creamy Beef and Cheese Pasta
- 8 oz medium pasta shells, you can also use macaroni or penne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 15 oz tomato sauce 1 can
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the ground beef for about 3-5 minutes until browned.
- Make sure to break apart the beef as it cooks.
- Once cooked drain the excess fat. Lay them on parchment paper to absorb the extra grease and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onions and stir-fry until translucent for about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for a minute until fragrant.Whisk in the flour and stir for a minute until lightly browned.
- Slowly pour in the beef stock and tomato sauce while whisking. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, and stir occasionally until thickened. Cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the pasta, beef, and heavy cream. Cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and stir until melted and cook for about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.