Healthy eating is a must these days. Most people just stay at home to avoid catching the virus and forget to exercise. Some, don’t even care to exercise and are contented being idle. Even the kids are at risk since especially since they are homeschooled. They lack the activity and exercise that they used to do when they had to go to school. Which is why I came up with the idea of cooking oven baked breaded chicken instead of frying them.
In the past, if we want a quick meal we just fry them and that’s it. Imagine the oil and fat that your body accumulates every day! Fried food is high in bad cholesterol and it makes us at risk for heart disease. Fried food is okay every now and then, but eating them every day is just plain unhealthy.
Oven Baked Breaded Chicken vs Fried Chicken
I admit, fried chicken IS delicious – grease and all. However, cooking them in the oven tastes just as good. Baking them retains the juices and flavors which makes it a healthier and more delicious option.
You can even do this with other fried food such as fries. Instead of deep frying the fries, I just spread them on a cooling rack, drizzle with olive oil, and toss them in the oven. Comes out crispier and just as delicious! Same with bacon! Oven baked bacon is the best! No oil splatter to worry about. Just crispy and healthier bacon in a few minutes.
What I love about oven baked breaded chicken is that they’re so easy to prepare. Once I have placed them in the oven to cook, I can already tidy up the kitchen and still have a few minutes to relax. No more greasy pans to wash. Saves time and effort, too.
If you’re looking for other juicy, oven-baked food, try our recipe for Angus Beef Burgers. Perfect for snacks any time of the day!
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends!
Oven Baked Breaded Chicken
- 6 pieces chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Get your baking sheet and brush it with olive oil or apply cooking spray.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, and black pepper.
- In another shallow dish, combine garlic, olive oil, and paprika.
- Dip each chicken breast first in the oil mixture then in the breadcrumbs mixture. Make sure that each piece is fully coated.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on the baking dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.