Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Your day depends on how good your breakfast is or whether you had it at all. I get cranky when I don’t have breakfast. It’s like my mind feels deprived if my stomach is empty. Plus, it’s also more difficult to concentrate on tasks when you have an empty stomach. Therefore, I always make it a point to serve breakfast not just for myself but for my family, too. No matter how early you start your day, you better eat breakfast — that’s the number rule at home. One of their favorites is this Fruity Breakfast Tacos recipe. I also like this recipe because it’s easy to make and very versatile.
Preparing Fruity Breakfast Tacos
I usually prepare the pancake batter the night before then store them in squeeze bottles and refrigerate. The next day, I can easily make pancakes by squeezing the batter out of the bottles. Heinz ketchup bottles work perfectly for this so make sure to save those bottles. The pancakes come out in perfect circles, too!
When I don’t have other fruits available, I just use bananas. You can also use canned fruits such as peaches, berries, and mangoes. My favorites are strawberries and bananas.
Also, if you don’t have time to make the pancake batter or you don’t have available ingredients, you can use the ready-made pancake mix. All you have to do is add milk or water and you’re good to go.
This recipe will surely be a hit with the kids. So, if you have picky eaters, this is one breakfast recipe that will surely get them to eat.
Make this Fruity Breakfast Tacos recipe for breakfast and make sure that you and your family get proper nutrition at the start of your day!
You can also try this Easy Breakfast Burritos, which is great for breakfast-on-the-go.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with others. Leave us a comment once you’ve tried this recipe!
Fruity Breakfast Tacos
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 piece large egg kept at room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup softened cream cheese
- 3 tbsp vanilla yogurt
- 1 small banana sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or any fruit of your choice
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well then make a well in the middle.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla, and canola oil. Pour into the center of the solid ingredients. Mix to combine well.
- Preheat a griddle or non-stick pan. Pour batter until you form just the right size of pancakes. Cook until bubbles pop and the bottom is golden. Flip to cook the other side.
- Beat the cream cheese and yogurt. Spread this over cooked pancakes and top with fruits. Fold and drizzle with maple or chocolate syrup.