Happy World Nutella Day! Don’t you just love Nutella? We have about 4 jars stocked in the pantry — one jar disappears in just a day! Nutella, or other hazelnut chocolate spreads have so many uses, but a spoonful of it is enough for a quick pick-me-up or to satisfy your sweet cravings. When I’m craving for chocolate, I just spoon it out from the jar or mix it with some bananas. It pairs well with apple, mangoes, and strawberries too. Thus, I decided to make some Nutella-filled Churros to celebrate World Nutella Day!
My husband and I love to watch movies. On one of our movie date nights, we decided to drive an hour to try this awesome AMC Dine-in movie theater. As we were getting snacks to take to the theater, the picture of the churros in the menu caught my attention. It’s filled with nutella. Hmm… sounds delicious! We tried one order, and guess what?! We ended up getting another, it was a hit! Starting that day, it has been our favorite menu on that dine-in theater. Our kids tried it too and, they love it! They want me to make some, so I started digging online. With Google’s help, nothing is impossible 😉
The Perfect Combination: Nutella-filled Churros
I found this recipe online by Tasty and I think Churros and Nutella are the perfect combination! I used to make churros and serve them with hot cocoa. But filling them with Nutella is oh so good! What’s great about this recipe is that you can add hazelnut choco spread to your preference. You can add more or less according to your taste. You can even dip them in chocolate! Another twist is to fill the churros with both hazelnut chocolate spread and cream cheese. Oh my, mouthwatering goodness!
Let’s Get to It!
While I was preparing to cook these Nutella-filled Churros, my youngest son came in, got a spoon and started wolfing down the jar of Nutella! Oh my! I waved him away and told him that he can have the Nutella now and have none for his churros later. He promptly returned the jar haha!
Just as I was mixing the ingredients, my friend arrived with her daughter! Just in time! I think my friend has this radar that senses when I’m about to cook something really good! Good thing I had a lot of ingredients so I decided to make more. Instead of just a batch of 8 churros, I decided to triple it.
The recipe below calls for just 8 servings, feel free to double or triple it according to preference. Enjoy!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family! You can also check out another delicious dessert recipe — S’mores Pie!
Sweet and Tasty Nutella-filled Churros
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tsp sugar plus more for coating
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- cinnamon, for coating
- 1 jar Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
- canola oil for frying
- In a large saucepan, combine water, sugar and canola oil. Let it boil then remove from heat.
- Add the flour and stir vigorously to form a smooth paste. Make sure you eliminate air bubbles.
- Add the eggs. Stir until it becomes smooth. Again, make sure there are no air bubbles.
- Get your star-shaped piping bag and fill it with the dough. Make sure you compress the dough to eliminate the air bubbles. Otherwise, your churros will be spongy.
- Get your baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Pipe the dough into it to form strips.
- Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Get a large pan and heat some oil to 350˚F.
- Fry the churros until they reach a golden brown in color. Drain on the cooling rack.
- Get a straw and poke a hole just large enough for the filling.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar then sprinkle these over the churros.
- In a smaller piping bag, fill it with Nutella or hazelnut chocolate spread.
- Fill the churros with Nutella. Serve immediately while still warm.
1 thought on “World Nutella Day Recipe: Sweet and Tasty Nutella-filled Churros”
So good. I made minis, as my piping tip was a smaller star size, and they taste so much better than store-bought ones.