Sweet treats have always been a weakness of mine. I can’t even begin to count the times when my diets have been foiled by a tasty macaroon teasing me at the baker’s display window or suddenly finding myself spoon-deep in a bowl of delicious pudding. If Superman has kryptonite, then a trip to Ben and Jerry’s is mine. Luckily for me, I am currently not in a dieting mood. So when I craved for some sugar-wolfing last week, I decided to go really big. Going big means one thing in my household – a huge serving of skillet cookie sundae! Boy, was it a pleasure to gobble up that chewy, chocolatey, creamy, and warm goodness while binge-watching season after season of Stranger Things.
So, allow me to share with you one of the stars among my fall recipes – a phenomenal skillet cookie sundae that will surely delight sweet-toothed maniacs out there!
How to Make A Phenomenal Skillet Cookie Sundae
For the Graham Cracker Layer
- ¾ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 and ½ cups of crushed graham crackers (turn it into crumbs)
- 6 tablespoons of butter(unsalted, melted and cooled)
For the Cookie Dough
- 1 and a half sticks of butter (unsalted, melted and cooled)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 and ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cups of sweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- Ice cream for serving
How to Make Skillet Cookie Sundae
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Make the graham cracker layer first. In a large bowl, place the melted butter along with the granulated sugar. With a spatula, start stirring in your graham cracker crumbs until it is moist. Get a cast-iron skillet (10 inches) and press the graham cracker crumbs mixture in it. Evenly sprinkle it with chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Go on with the cookie dough layer. Get a large bowl and whisk the brown sugar and melted butter together. Next, add the vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk and start whisking until the whole thing is combined well. Start adding your flour, baking powder, and salt then start mixing using a spatula. Evenly sprinkle the shredded coconut and chocolate chips after.
- Spread the cookie dough evenly over the graham cracker crust. Put it in your oven for about 25 to 30 minutes. Make sure that the cookie is a bit gooey in the middle but with golden brown edges. Remove and let it cool for about five minutes.
- Top it off with a scoop of ice cream (flavor depends on you, but I like mine plain old vanilla.) Serve and enjoy!
Typically, I like to eat mine just with a scoop of ice cream and chocolate syrup. But sometimes, when I’m feeling a bit fun I like to add some rainbow sprinkles just for the heck of it! Other optional toppings are fruits, maple syrup, or some candied walnuts.
Life is Sweeter with Dessert!
When it comes to desserts, a hearty serving of skillet cookie sundae is hard to beat. This skillet cookie sundae is designed to be drooled over — whether served over a nice family dinner or gobbled up solo to satisfy your sweet cravings. It’s a delightful mix of warm, chocolatey, and gooey gulped down with a cool spoonful of creamy vanilla that makes it a fantastic treat for both young and old. Give it a try and don’t forget to write your comments on the section below!