I love tofu! In fact, I substitute meat recipes with tofu. The texture of the tofu, plus the fact that it’s easier to cook is what I love the most. At first, the kids didn’t like the taste of tofu. Of course, I had to come up with low carb recipes that would motivate them to eat tofu. I didn’t want them to grow up into picky eaters.
This Asian-Inspired Low Carb Stir-Fry Tofu is one of the dishes that the kids really liked so I would like to share it with you. This is inspired by a recipe from Savory Tooth
This tofu dish is perfect for busy weeknights as it takes just 20 minutes to prepare! Perfect for when you are in a hurry to feed those HANGRY mouths!
Low Carb Meals for the Whole Family
I encourage my kids to eat low carb dishes. Not just because I need to prepare low carb meals for myself, but because I’d like them to start watching their diet. As we get older, our metabolism slows down. It’s better to start early than regret it later in life. Thus, I make sure that I research on low carb recipes that are also delicious and enticing.
What makes this dish truly delicious is the interplay of sweet, salty, and spicy flavors. My family loves spicy food and sometimes they even ask me to add more chili flakes. However, if you have guests, skip the chili flakes and just offer it as a condiment.
I love making this dish on Mondays, as this is the busiest day for me. Also, I see to it that I strictly follow meatless Mondays. This also goes well with my Keto Roasted Asparagus and Bacon.
Try this recipe and let us know in the comments how it went. Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Low Carb Asian-inspired Tofu
- 2 packs extra firm tofu drained and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
For the Sauce:
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice sugar will do
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp ginger paste or ginger powder or freshly minced ginger
- Get a mixing bowl and combine all the sauce ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- Over medium heat, heat a large non-stick pan. Add the tofu cubes until the liquid they have released has evaporated.
- You will also notice that they turn slightly yellow after about 10 minutes. Instead of stirring, just flip them over so they cook evenly.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir-fry to scramble it with tofu. Let the eggs cook for a minute.
- Add the sauce and mix lightly so that it coats the tofu cubes. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
1 thought on “How to Make Low Carb Asian-Inspired Tofu”