Weekends are fun especially if there are kids in the house! Well, that is if they’re not having tantrums LOL! Over the weekend, my friend came over with her daughter. We decided to do something different and made healthy homemade chocolates! My niece (I consider her as a niece) was so excited to make and eat chocolates.
This is a great activity with the children. It would also be fun to have them make fun treats for Halloween and the holidays. Teaching them these skills at a young age makes them more confident and responsible.
So, I brought out all my silicone chocolate molds sets and started cooking!
My niece clearly enjoyed making the chocolates! You should see the big smile on her face as she was mixing and pouring the chocolate. She was also so excited to eat them that she would ask us to check the fridge every 10 seconds!
For added fun and for kids’ treats, you can add sprinkles, nuts, small mallows, or even small bits of chocolate chips. You can even use white chocolate and add food coloring for different colors!
What do you think?
Don’t forget to leave us a comment and share this with your friends!
Healthy Homemade Chocolates
- silicone chocolate molds
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey use less if you want bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- almonds chopped or toasted (optional)
- orange or mint extract optional
- Use a small pan placed on top of another pan with an inch of water inside. This process lets you melt the cocoa butter without risk of burning.
- Once the cocoa butter is free from lumps and melted, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and orange or mint extract.
- Let it cool a bit. When it has thickened like honey, pour the honey. But, if you use raw honey, melt it with the cocoa butter.
- Stir all ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate in the silicone chocolate molds. Let it set at room temperature. It would be best to put it in the fridge so it will harden faster.