When you’re in-charge of the meals at home, make ahead meals are your best friend. Since I have been working from home even before the pandemic, I have learned to plan meals not just for the budget but for my own sanity. Meal planning helps me plan out meals so I can maximize leftovers. I also make meals ahead of time so on busy and lazy days we just reheat the food and still have a good meal. One of the recipes that I like to make ahead is this easy shrimp recipe with creamy Tuscan butter sauce. I cook a large serving then save some for later. This recipe is perfect with slices of garlic bread or with your favorite pasta.
How to Make this Easy Shrimp Recipe
This recipe is very easy to make that it will be ready in half an hour or less. If I can’t find fresh shrimp in the market, I just opt for frozen shrimp. You can even find them shelled at the supermarket which makes it easier to prepare. Of course, fresh shrimp is still the best.
You can also buy fresh shrimp and leave the shells and head on for more flavor. Removing the shells, head, and tail just makes it easier to consume. However, for recipes with creamy sauce such as this, shelled shrimps are better. You can leave the shells and head on if you want to make just stir-fried buttered shrimp. Now that’s something I would like to have soon!
A Word About Tuscan Butter
If you’re wondering what Tuscan butter is, it is simply a base made by adding tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan to butter. In this recipe, the tomatoes and basil are stir-fried in the butter. In some Tuscan butter recipes, you mix all the ingredients together in a food processor to make a creamy consistency then serve. You can then use it as a sauce base or as a dip.
I really enjoyed this easy shrimp recipe with creamy Tuscan butter sauce paired with some homemade garlic bread. You can also use it as a pasta sauce or serve it in a bread bowl. My sons love it with rice and they certainly eat a lot!
No matter how you want to enjoy it, make sure you save some for later. Refrigerated well, it can last up to 3 days.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with others. Leave us a comment, too, once you’ve tried this recipe. Enjoy!
Make Ahead Easy Shrimp Recipe with Tuscan Butter
- 1 lb shrimps peeled, deveined, heads and tails removed
- 2 tsp olive oil extra-virgin
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup basil thinly sliced
- lemon wedges for serving, optional
- Season shrimps with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil starts to shimmer, sear shrimp until golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat then set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Melt butter then stir-fry garlic until fragrant, for about a minute. Add the cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes start to burst.
- Add the spinach and cook until it starts to wilt.
- Add the heavy cream, Parmesan, and basil. Let it simmer then reduce heat to low. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens and is slightly reduced.
- Add back the shrimp and heat through. Garnish with more basil and squeeze lemon as desired.