Making breakfast is challenging especially for parents with children. You need to get things done and make sure breakfast is ready before you even have the chance to enjoy your hot cup of strong coffee ( which should jolt you awake). However, do not worry! Here’s a one pan make ahead breakfast recipe that you can prepare while you enjoy that freshly brewed cup of coffee. What you need to do is just toss all the ingredients in the pan and let it cook while you have your few minutes of peace and quiet.
Actually, it was my eldest son who came up with this recipe. Boys LOVE meat, right? I think he saw this recipe on TikTok or Instagram, but whatever, it was a good one. So, I let him prepare it on Sunday morning. He was even nice enough to brew my coffee.
How to Prepare this Make Ahead Breakfast
Since this recipe contains tomatoes and bacon, don’t forget to line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Why? Tomatoes are acidic and reacts with aluminum. That would explain why your aluminum bakeware and cookware gets stained when you cook with acidic dishes that contain tomatoes or vinegar.
On the other hand, bacon is greasy. It will be easier to wash the pan if it is not too greasy, so better line it with parchment paper or even foil. You can easily transfer the food to a serving plate, too.
This is also the perfect way to cook sunny-side up eggs. You can be sure that the yolk is runny and the egg whites are properly cooked.
I had 2 cups of coffee with this breakfast. It was just so good, and the fact that my son prepared it for me on Mother’s Day made it even more special.
This make ahead breakfast is a lifesaver, especially on busy mornings. Don’t forget to share it with others, too!
If you’re looking for other breakfast ideas, you can try this Egg and Breakfast Cup Recipe.
Make Ahead Breakfast: Sheet Pan Sausage and Egg
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- 4 pcs uncooked breakfast sausages
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 oz small cremini mushrooms sliced into half or quarters
- 16 pcs cocktail or Campari tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- 4 pcs large eggs
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- toasted bread
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast the sausages and bacon on the rimmed baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- While the sausages and bacon are cooking, toss the tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the seasoned veggies with the sausages and bacon for 10 minutes.
- Make 4 wells between the veggies and meat. Crack 1 egg into each well. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes until the meat are cooked through and the egg whites are opaque.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with toast.