It’s summer and I can already feel the heat! One of the things that I do not like about summer is when I have to spend a lot of time cooking. The heat of the oven or stove can really add to the warm temperature. That’s why most of the meals I cook are with my ever-reliable baking pan. Meals on sheet pans are so easy, just season the proteins and veggies, arrange the veggies on the baking sheet, place the oven rack on top and place chicken or meat on it. Saves time, effort and clean up!
What to Cook with your Baking Sheet Pan
Here’s one low carb recipe that I really like because it’s so easy to make. Plus, it’s the best way to get the family to eat eggplant. I’m not a big fan of eggplant, too, but when I came across this recipe, it converted me into an eggplant lover.
There’s a back story to this. We planted some crops out in our backyard and among them was eggplant. That time, we didn’t really think about our aversion to eggplant, we just wanted to plant some easy crops. Now when harvest season came, we had a big basket of eggplant. I gave some to my sister and she made Vegetable Lasagna but used eggplant instead. I have yet to try her recipe but she says that her ids loved it. When kids love it, it means the recipe is really good.
Anyway, so I’m stuck with bunch of eggplants that I didn’t really like at that time so I decided to get creative. Thus, this low carb eggplant mini pizzas were born. I made them over the weekend and served it for snacks. They were all watching a good movie so they didn’t really notice that I was making it. After a few pieces, my son suddenly asked, “Are these eggplants?” I said yes and he just grinned and grabbed a few more. Well, that means they’re good.
Getting creative in the kitchen is one skill that all moms or home cooks have. Especially now that prices are rising and basic food items can get really pricey, it’s important that you know how to make use of basic ingredients and turn them into a healthy and delicious meal.
Sheet pans paired with a reliable oven rack works best for one pan meals. Not only does it save time and effort but you can already make a complete meal without wasting too much ingredients.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with others. Leave us a comment if you’ve tried this recipe. Feel free to send us your own creative recipes, too.
Low Carb Eggplant Mini Pizza
- precut parchment paper
- baking pan
- 1 lb medium eggplant cut into half-inch thick slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 oz mini pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Line a baking pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a bowl, place the eggplant slices, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss lightly to ensure both sides are coated.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on the lined baking sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggplant slices are golden.
- After 15 minutes, spoon marinara sauce on each eggplant slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, season with Italian seasoning, and top with pepperoni slices.
- Set the oven to broil or set the temperature to 500°F (260°C). Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown and bubbly.