I’ve been digging around my treasury of recipes and I found my long-lost recipe on low-calorie Lamb and Cheese Rolls. I thought I could share it with you so you can try it and tell me how you loved it as I do. My hubby and kids love it too!
Why You Should Eat Lamb Meat
Are you wondering why you should eat lamb meat? Or it differs from the meat of pork, beef, and chicken? Well, I read a lot on this and found that lamb is the meat of young domesticated sheep, ideally between 1 to 12 months. In contrast, mutton is the meat of adult domestic sheep that are over 1 year old. Interesting, huh? (Source: healthline.com)
Further, let me tell you why eating lamb meat is beneficial for you.
- Lamb is a type of red meat that has high myoglobin content, thus, rich with iron. (Source: nutritionadvance.com)
- A 100-gram serving of lamb contains at least 25 grams of protein.
- It comprises of beneficial nutrients that include protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Known to contain creatine app. 300-500 mg per 100 grams that can aid in boosting strength, and muscle endurance.
- Found to also contain glutathione which is the body’s master antioxidant that protects and strengthens the body’s immunity
Why Eating Cheese is Good for you
Who doesn’t love cheese? Of course, everything tastes better with cheese.
I am a passionate lover of cheesy stuff. Why? Cheese is a powerhouse source of calcium, fat, and protein. It is also rich in vitamins A and B12, zinc, phosphorus, riboflavin and vitamin K-2. Further, it strengthens the heart because it contains omega-3 fatty acids.
Finally, cheese protects bones and teeth and makes them healthy.
Takeaway on the Low-Calorie Lamb and Cheese Rolls
Before I let you go, try this new recipe- Lamb and Cheese rolls. Remember that both lamb and cheese are very nutritious foods that will help you reach the peak of health because of the proteins, healthy fats and a wide range of micro-nutrients, vitamins and minerals they contain. Make and serve them for your family today.
Try this nutritious recipe and tell us how it went. Please leave a comment below. Share the link with your family and friends so they too can try it. Would you like to see more tips and food recipes?
Lamb and Cheese Rolls
- 20 pieces spring roll wrappers
- 1 lb ground lamb meat
- 1 cup mozarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 piece egg
- 1 piece onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground all-spice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a skillet, heat the oil and add the diced onions. Cook them until translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the onions and sauté lightly.
- Next, add the ground lamb and stir until it changes color from pink to slightly brown.
- Add in the spices: thyme, oregano, cumin, coriander, allspice and salt. Stir until the ingredients are well-blended.
- Let it cook until the meat is brown and then remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set a wrapper on a flat surface and fill it with a tablespoon of stir-fried ground lamb in the center. Sprinkle a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella cheese on it.
- Beat the egg and brush the edges of the wrap with it before rolling the wrap over the filling.
- Lightly spray the cooling rack with a nonstick cooking oil spray. Place the rolls onto the cooling rack and set it in the oven. Bake until they are golden brown on both the sides.