Are you a fan of exotic food? If you are, this dish is perfect! I love trying out exotic dishes and this Korean style chicken feet recipe is one of them. Ever since I bought my stock of Korean spices, I now have an addiction to Korean flavors. Once you get the hang of it, you can mix together the spices with different flavors and use it as a base sauce for most dishes. I even made my version of ramen using the tteokbokki sauce — I’ll make sure to share it next time!
We like to try out exotic food every now and then. In fact, I made another exotic recipe using ox tail. At first, the kids looked disgusted, but once they tasted the Braised Oxtail recipe, they completely forgot that they were eating a tail!
Why I Love this Exotic Chicken Feet Recipe
Eating chicken feet is common in Asian countries such as China, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Korea. While some people shun at the thought of eating chicken feet, this part of the chicken is actually nutritious. Chicken feet is rich in collagen as well as hyaluronic acid, which is considered as the “fountain of youth.” Maybe that’s why Chinese and Korean in particular look younger than their Western counterparts. On the other hand, collagen helps contribute to a healthy skin and is rich in calcium and carbohydrates.
Have I convinced you to eat chicken feet? Well, once you’ve tried this Korean style chicken feet recipe, there is no turning back! My sons, as usual, wrinkled their noses at the sight of it. But they couldn’t stop eating it once they’ve tasted it!
Korean-style Chicken Feet Recipe Beer Buddy
I prepared this recipe for my husband and his friends during one of their beer night weekends. The spicy and exotic chicken feet is perfect with an ice cold bottle of beer! It can be messy to eat because you have to use your fingers, but totally worth it. Just be careful with the small pieces of bone. At first, my hubby’s friends didn’t want to taste it, but after seeing my husband lick the sauce off his fingers they got hooked! Okay, goodbye chicken feet!
Why don’t you try this exotic Korean-style Chicken Feet recipe soon? This dish is perfect as appetizers!
Share this unique recipe with your friends! What about you, what exotic recipes can you share with us?
Exotic Korean-style Chicken Feet Recipe
- 1 lb chicken feet scaly parts and nails removed
- cooking oil for frying
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
For the sauce
- 4 tbsp Korean red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 1 whole ginger about 2-3 inches wide
- 1 piece whole garlic peeled
- 1-2 tsp Koean red pepper flakes (gochugaru) depending on desired spiciness
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- Season the chicken feet with salt and deep fry. Set aside on a cooling rack to drain.
- In a food processor or blender, place the ginger, garlic and about 1 tablespoon of water and process until it forms a paste.
- Sauté the onion and garlic. Add the ginger and garlic paste. Add the gochujang, soy sauce, oyster sauce, gochugaru, water, and sugar. Mix well to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken feet and cook until the sauce thickens and is lessened. Simmer it for about 30-45 minutes for more tender chicken feet.
1 thought on “Exotic Dish Alert! Korean-style Chicken Feet”
The flavors are legit and it’s actually good. My first time eating chicken feet. It’s not bad. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this recipe!