Getting your kids to try new recipes can become a challenge. For those with picky eaters, this can quickly turn into a battle zone. One trick that I learned from a friend of mine is to serve the dish and just let them be. If they don’t want to eat it, don’t give them something else. Works well for her kids. Good thing I did not have to deal with picky eaters. My sons eat what’s on the table. Well, yes, there are times that they don’t want to try it; but they have no choice. Either they eat or get hungry. To introduce new flavors to your kids, I suggest you try this Spaghetti Lo Mein recipe.
What’s So Special About This Spaghetti Lo Mein?
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s so easy to make! In 20 minutes, you’ll already have a meal for yourself or for your family. You can just increase the ingredients to make more servings. This recipe is also perfect if you’re craving Chinese takeout.
As with all recipes, you can get creative with it. To add spice, I sprinkle it with red pepper flakes or add Sriracha to the sauce. When I have leftover chicken, I also add them to the ingredients. You can also use mushrooms, ground meat, or tofu for protein. For the vegetables, you can omit the red bell pepper and just use carrots and broccoli. I like mine with just broccoli and shitake mushrooms.
Instead of spaghetti, you can also use other noodles such as shirataki noodles, egg noodles, or ramen noodles. Just make sure to follow the cooling instructions to avoid ruining the dish.
Here’s another Lo Mein recipe that you can try out that uses shrimps. The sauce ingredients are almost similar with the addition of hoisin sauce. Whichever you try, I’m sure these recipes will be a hit!
Don’t forget to share these delicious Asian recipes with others! Let us know if you’ve tried them, too!
Kid-friendly Spaghetti Lo Mein Recipe
- 6 oz spaghetti boiled and drained
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 piece red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Mix soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger powder, and garlic powder. Whisk well to combine.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook carrots, broccoli florets, and bell pepper for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove veggies and pour prepared sauce into the same skillet. Let it simmer until thickened.
- Add the cooked pasta and vegetables and toss well to combine. Cook until heated through.
- Serve with green onions and sesame seeds.