Everything tastes so much better with cheese, don’t you agree? Going on a diet does not mean that you cannot enjoy delicious food anymore. You just have to be creative with the recipes. Since I am watching my cholesterol levels, I cannot fully go on a Keto diet. However, there are some really good and nutritious Keto recipes. One example is this Keto Turkey Recipe with Creamy Cheese Sauce.
Why You Should Try this Keto Turkey Recipe
What I love most about this recipe is that it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare! The creamy cheese sauce can also be used for other ingredients such as chicken, beef, or pork. The cheesy sauce would also be great as a vegetable dip. Be creative and come up with sumptuous dishes.
For side dishes, you can have broccoli or mashed cauliflower to pair with this meal. If you’re trying to lower your carb intake, this recipe also goes well with toasted garlic wheat bread instead of rice. I prefer eating it with quinoa with a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade or some lemon water.
Cheese and the Keto Diet
Cheese is one of the acceptable ingredients in the Keto diet. It is essentially low in carbs yet high in fat; which is among the requirements of a Keto diet. Although cheese is high in saturated fat, it hasn’t been shown to increase the risk of heart disease. But then again, consult with your doctor if you have a medical condition before trying out any diet.
To help you choose your cheese ingredients, here is a list of cheeses that are acceptable in the Keto diet:
- blue cheese
- colby jack
- cottage cheese
- cream cheese
- goat cheese
- pepper jack
- string cheese
Let’s Get Cooking!
I served this dish to my friend who is on the Keto diet. She loved it so much and asked for the recipe. You should also share this delicious recipe with your friends and family. Let us know once you’ve tried this dish!
Try this Keto Broccoli Salad as a side dish for your Keto Turkey recipe.
Keto Turkey Recipe with Creamy Cheese Sauce
- 4 1/2 tbsp butter divided
- 2 1/4 lbs turkey breast tenderloin
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 11 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 1/4 oz small capers smallest size, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season the turkey with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large oven-proof pan, heat 1/3 of the butter over medium heat. Fry the turkey for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from heat and place it in the middle rack of the oven. Roast for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Transfer to a serving platter and cover with a tent of foil.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat along with the turkey drippings. Add the cream cheese and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and let it simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Add the soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small pan, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Stir fry the capers until crispy.
- Slice the turkey into 1/2 inch slices. Pour the creamy cheese sauce over it and top with the crispy capers.