When I first started with the Keto diet, I always felt hungry all the time! At first, I wasn’t even sure I could continue due to my hunger pangs. Therefore, I did some digging and found out that some of the reasons for these hunger pangs while on the Keto diet are not consuming enough fiber, not getting enough sleep, and not drinking enough water. Yes, I admit I’m guilty of those! Also, I learned that it is okay to eat more even when on the Keto diet — I just have to consume Keto-friendly food. I wanted to try zucchini bread, which I saw in one of the bake shops yesterday.
One of my fave snacks or comfort food is a sandwich. Any sandwich will do — cheese, bacon, egg, etc. I found a great recipe for Zucchini bread and decided to try it. I also learned that zucchini contains both soluble and insoluble fiber which is good for digestion.
What You Need to Make Healthy Zucchini Bread
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 1/4 Cup Melted butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Grated Zucchini with peel
How to Make Zucchini Bread
My stepdaughter arrived just as I was preparing the ingredients. Baking is one of our bonding moments and she was eager to help out. She also wanted to learn the recipe so she can make it for her family. Let’s get started!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Bring out your 8 x 4 inches loaf pan and grease it with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, salt, cinnamon, swerve, and baking soda. Combine well.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini with a kitchen towel. Try to squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Add the zucchini to the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs and melted butter then combine well. You can also add other ingredients such as walnuts. Use ½ cup of walnuts and fold them into the batter before baking.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 250 degrees F for 60 minutes. You can also test by pricking it with a toothpick — if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Bring out your cooling rack and place the zucchini bread to cool before slicing and serving.
My stepdaughter and I had an amazing baking session. As we baked, we would share stories and jokes. She would also tell me some of her secrets — that’s how close we are.
When the zucchini bread was cooked we decided to make sandwiches. We both love BLT sandwiches so we decided to make them. We brought our sandwiches out by the patio and continued our bonding there.
Hope you’ll love this recipe as much as we did! Don’t forget to leave a comment once you’ve tried it. Feel free to share this recipe with your friends, too!
Recipe source: https://jenniferbanz.com/easy-keto-zucchini-bread-healthy-and-gluten-free#wprm-recipe-container-6518