Are you one of those who have a sweet tooth yet watching their diet? If you are, you’re not alone. I can definitely relate to you. It’s easy for me to give up rice, but sweets? Oh no! I need to have dessert after every meal. A meal doesn’t feel complete if I don’t have dessert after. Thanks to this Keto Carrot Cake recipe, I can have dessert without feeling guilty!
A Guide to Keto-friendly Ingredients in your Keto Carrot Cake Recipe
Íf you’re trying to stick to a Keto diet but don’t know where to start, here’s a list of Keto-friendly ingredients.
- low carb veggies such as leafy greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower
- lean meat and poultry
- coconut oil
- plain Greek yogurt and cottage cheese
- olive oil
- nuts and seeds
- butter and cream
- shirataki noodles
- unsweetened coffee and tea
- dark chocolate and cocoa powder
As you will notice, all of the ingredients in our Keto Carrot Cake recipe are Keto-friendly so you don’t have to worry. Also, if you are trying to watch your sugar diet, you can opt for Swerve sweetener instead of sugar in this recipe. Otherwise, you can just use regular confectioners’ sugar.
The Ultimate Baking Therapy
Baking is both an art and a science. An art because it lets you exercise your creativity when experimenting with flavors and designing cupcakes, cakes, and other pastries. It is a science because you have to follow the procedures and measurements to the dot. Otherwise, you will have a failed pastry. For example, if you mix the batter too much, it will be too thin and won’t set properly.
One of the first recipes that I made were Chocolate Chip Cookies. As a beginner, start with easy recipes such as cookies and cupcakes. You can also make this easy Fruity Cupcakes then just be creative with the frosting and toppings. As you get better, you can move on to more difficult ones such as cakes and bread.
The key to successful baking is patience and consistency. Make sure you read the recipe carefully before you start so you can prepare them beforehand. For example, if the recipe calls for butter melted at room temperature, you can’t speed it up by melting it in the microwave. The temperature of the butter affects the consistency of the batter or dough.
Anyway, let’s get started! Grab your cake cooling rack, parchment paper, and your apron! Let’s start baking this delicious Keto Carrot Cake recipe!
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family!
Low Carb Keto Carrot Cake Recipe
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup confectioners' swerve or confectioners' sugar if you are okay with it
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tsp salt
For the frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' swerve you can also use confectioners' sugar as desired
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your cake pan with parchment paper. Spray with a thin layer of cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and swerve and beat for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, confectioners' swerve, shredded coconut, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Next, stir in the carrots and half of the chopped almonds.
- Add coconut oil to the batter and mix until well combined. The mixture should be thickened.
- Pour the batter into the cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. To test, insert a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Let the cakes cool for 15 to 30 minutes before transferring them to the cake cooling rack.
- Prepare the ingredients for the frosting. Combine them in a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Spread the frosting on the top and sides of the cake. If you have two cakes, spread it on top of the first cake, add the top layer, then spread frosting again. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped almonds.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.