I used to buy beef burger patties then just fry them in a pan. After frying them, I could see all the oil build-up on the pan! I tried pan-frying the beef burgers in a non-stick pan without the oil but they just started shrinking. Thus, I experimented on cooking beef burger in the oven and they turned out better!
This beef burger recipe uses Angus beef instead of just regular beef. I find it more flavorful than regular ground beef.
Angus Beef Burger: What’s the Difference?
Angus beef is more flavorful due to better marbling. However, Angus beef is not necessarily a higher grade of beef as compared to other cattle. The term Angus refers to a breed of cattle that was bred in Scotland back in the 19th century.
There are two breeds of Angus – the Black Angus and the Red Angus, the latter being the rare one. In fact, the American Association does not recognize Red Angus beef. Black Angus is more popular and is a type of breed with black hide and no horns. The Angus meat that we know today is from the Black Angus breed.
How to Make Juicy Beef Burgers in Oven
Now that you know all about Angus beef, you don’t have to worry about it being more expensive than regular beef. Most people think that Angus beef is more expensive and of higher quality, which is not always the case. Angus beef may or may not be organic; it still depends on the breeder.
The reason why I chose Angus beef to make burgers, just like most people, is because of the flavor. As mentioned before, due to the marbling, the intramuscular fat makes it more tender and juicier. Marbled beef retains more moisture while cooking, especially when you cook them at high temperatures.
These juicy Angus beef burgers are so easy to make. Just grab your aluminum baking pan and oven wire rack and start making those juicy beef burger patties! You can also make them in advance, store them in between plastic wrap or pre-cut parchment paper then keep them in the freezer.
Having a weekend party? Share this recipe with your friends! You can also cook these in the grill!
Looking for more beef recipes? Try this Smoked Beef Chuck Roast that’s also perfect for grilling!
Juicy Angus Beef Burger
- 1 1/2 lbs ground Angus beef
- 3 tbsp plain breadcrumbs fine, dry
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp onion grated or finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
- 2 tbsp tomato juice
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- burger buns
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced pickles
- sliced onion
- mustard or ketchup
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except the toppings.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a cooling rack on top of it.
- Form small balls then flatten them. Arrange them on the oven rack, at least an inch apart.
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes or until it reaches 160° F. Read the burger temperature guidelines according to preferred doneness.
- Rare: 120 F to 125 F
- Medium Rare: 130 F to 135 F
- Medium: 140 F to 145 F
- Medium Well: 150 F to 155 F
- Well Done: 160 F to 165 F
1 thought on “Juicy Homemade Angus Beef Burgers”
This is a winner! The burger tasted great! I had it for lunch and dinner. It’s so meaty and juicy!~ I was hesitant to try it at first but this recipe is really worth trying**