You don’t need to wait for Thanksgiving or Christmas to eat turkey — you can have it every week if you like! Turkey meat is rich in high-quality protein and has lower calories than beef. Turkey meat is great if you’re watching your weight or want to eat healthy. In fact, if you’d want to stay healthy, you can substitute pork and meat recipes with turkey meat. If you don’t have turkey meat, you can substitute it with chicken breasts or chicken thighs, too. Which is how I decided to make this Spicy Turkey Breasts recipe for a family dinner.
When we had a family reunion, I decided to cook Spicy Turkey Breasts for potluck. My family loves spicy food so I know that this will be a hit. Plus, this recipe is so easy to make and has a few ingredients. A luxurious meal at an affordable price, right? With just the right ingredients and a lot of love, you can make any meal special.
What you need:
This recipe is good for a regular family meal. To cook for more, just double or triple the ingredients.
- 4 Turkey breasts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
How to make Spicy Turkey Breasts:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl mix the minced garlic, crushed basil leaves and black pepper. Rub the mixture onto the turkey breasts on each side.
- In a separate dish, create a marinade with melted butter, lemon juice, soy sauce and brown sugar. Add the seasoned turkey breasts and coat the marinade on each side.
- Let the marinade rest for about 5 to 6hours.
- Put the cooling rack into the baking tray and place the turkey breasts on the cooling rack and move it into the oven.
- Bake until the turkey skin is golden brown.
- Serve with a tangy and fruity sauce, such as cranberry sauce.
How it went:
Of course, my relatives loved it! I even shared the recipe with my cousins so they can cook it at home. They were amazed at how easy it was to prepare. What about you? Wouldn’t you love to cook this Spicy Turkey Breasts recipe, too?
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends!