Over the weekend, I made some Spicy Beef Jerky. I was invited over to a friend’s house so I decided that I would bring some so we can snack on something while chattin’ and chillin’ — good idea, right? I like making this Spicy Beef Jerky ahead and just store it in a jar so that whenever I crave for something spicy and salty, I just reach for it. Mind you, this doesn’t last for more than a week! Sometimes it lasts for 2 days only HAHA!
Anyway, let me just tell you a quick story about this spicy beef jerky recipe. The first time I made this I was thinking of making other variants such as chicken, pork, or lamb. I tried it with chicken and it wasn’t as enjoyable. The difference is that beef is more flavorful and filling. However, if you are following a strict diet, then you can tweak the recipe to the meat of your choice. You’d have to adjust the cooking time, too. Beef is best for jerky though — that I must tell you!
What’s So Special About Spicy Beef Jerky
I was so busy cleaning up while cooling the spicy beef jerky that I did not notice my teenage son come in. When I turned around, he was sitting by the counter munching on his Nth beef jerky with a wide grin on his face! See? I told you it wouldn’t last long! I quickly brushed him off and told him to wait for the next batch coz I will be bringing them to a friend’s house for potluck. His eyes suddenly lit up and offered to come with me so he can bond with my friend’s son, too. Yeah right — I know where this was going LOL!
Anyway, what I love most about this spicy beef jerky is that you can just munch on it and not get tired of the taste. Sometimes I even dip it in ranch dressing or spicy vinegar. My friends can attest to the fact that this spicy beef jerky is one of the best appetizers!
Don’t forget to leave a comment when you’ve tried this. Share this recipe with your friends, too!
Appetizing Spicy Beef Jerky Perfect for Get-togethers
- 4.5 lbs Beef with lean cut brisket or sirloin
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Onion powder
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Sesame oil
- Trim out all of the visible fat from the meat before cutting it into long, thin slices of an inch width and half an inch of thickness. Pound the meat lightly.
- In a bowl, blend all the ingredients together to complete the seasoning.
- Place your beef strips in an air-tight plastic bag and pour the seasoning into it. Let it marinade overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Remove the beef strips from the marinade and arrange them over the cooling rack.
- Place the cooling rack into the oven and set the heat to 170 degrees F.
- Bake until the meat is dry on one side before flipping it. This will take up to 6 hours.
- Test your beef strips: it should be dry enough to break off and not snap when you bend it.
- Let the beef jerky cool for a few hours before transferring it to a sealed plastic bag.
- Serve with tomato or mint based sauces.
1 thought on “Appetizing Spicy Beef Jerky Perfect for Get-togethers”
Really easy to make! This was so good. Didn’t change anything. It came out great.