Ever since I learned how to make homemade chocolates, I started making my own instead of buying from the grocery. One of my favorite candies to make is Milk Gummy Candy. They look cute and perfect with the silicone chocolate molds. The combination of sweet and a bit spicy really satisfies my cravings. It’s my ultimate dessert after meals!
An associate of mine recently shared one of her homemade chocolates recipe. This recipe allows you to customize the flavors of chocolate with mint, fruity, or just vanilla. The recipe is very easy to make and the ingredients are really affordable. They look very pretty, too, when you create them with the silicone chocolate molds. I have already made a jar of them and I keep it hidden because the boys might consume them all LOL!
Making Pretty Homemade Chocolates with Silicone Chocolate Molds
In the past, weekends were reserved for a cooking session with my niece. Now that we moved to a new house, I miss her already. I remember the first time we made chocolates. She insisted on mixing the chocolates herself. She also “defended” herself when the boys would disturb her and told them that they won’t get any chocolates! Here is a photo of my adorable niece making some chocolates!
As a mother, I think the best way to teach discipline at home is to let them help out in the kitchen. At a young age, you can teach them how to wash the fruits and veggies, wipe the counters, and set the dining table. As they get older, you can teach them how to peel and slice produce. Cooking is the best way to teach them patience and discipline because they have to prepare all the ingredients and wait for them to be cooked. It also teaches them to be creative and resourceful when it comes to the ingredients.
My niece, when she makes the chocolate, it enhances her fine motor skills when she pours the liquid chocolate into the silicone chocolate molds. I let her do the same when I make gummy candies. When the candies are ready, I let her remove them from the silicone chocolate molds so she can work on removing them gently without destroying the shapes.
Anyway, I’d like to share with you this recipe from Ashley of Ash’s In the Kitchen. Feel free to visit her blog for more delicious recipes, too!
Don’t forget to share this sweet homemade chocolates recipe with your friends!
Homemade White Chocolate
- 1 bar white chocolate shaved or chopped
- extract of choice mint, raspberry, or vanilla
- food coloring optional
- Fill a large sauce pan with water and let it boil.
- Get a smaller sauce pan and place the white chocolate shavings in it. Melt the chocolate over the larger saucepan with water. This will prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Melt the chocolate while folding constantly until smooth. Add a drop or few drops of the extract according to taste.
- Remove from heat. Add a drop of food coloring as desired and swirl twice. Do not over mix the chocolate.
- Get a baking pan and place your silicone chocolate molds on it. Pour the chocolate mixture on the molds. Gently tap the baking pan with the molds to release the air bubbles.
- Let the chocolate set for 1 to 3 hours in a cool temperature of 65-70°F.
- Repeat with the rest of the flavors.