Holidays are near! Are you done planning your Christmas menu? If you haven’t yet, here are some Christmas dinner ideas to serve on Christmas Eve or lunch. If you’re also looking for appetizers, you can serve some Sugar-free Candied Pecans or cut up some veggies and serve it with delicious Hummus Dip. I’m also thinking of making delicious Chocolate Cake for dessert on Christmas…what do you think?
Christmas Dinner Ideas for your Holiday Celebrations
The perfect combination of baked ham and roasted brussels sprouts will surely delight your family. It takes time to cook the ham, but while it’s roasting in the oven, you can do other things. You can tidy up the kitchen or prepare other ingredients.
As a tip, you can also roast the brussels sprouts on the roasting pan below the ham during the last 45 minutes of cooking. In this way, the brussels sprouts will catch all the juices from the ham for a more flavorful veggie dish. Or if you have a large oven, just cook the brussels sprouts along with the meat during the last 45 minutes of cooking time. This will also help absorb the aroma of the meat and saves cooking time. That’s why it’s best if you have an extra set of roasting pans!
Let’s Get Cooking!
Anyway, here are the recipes for the Oven-Baked Ham and delicious Roasted Brussels Sprouts. I am excited to try these dishes soon and serve it for Christmas dinner. We don’t have guests so it will be an intimate celebration with just the family. I guess this is really a time for us to bond and enjoy each other’s company. Well, while cooking these dishes, you can spend time on a video call with your family and friends and see how they’re doing.
Don’t forget to share these delicious recipes with your family and friends!
Happy holidays everyone!
Baked Ham and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
For the Baked Ham:
- 1 10-lb fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider
For the Brussels Sprouts:
- 1 lb brussels sprouts trimmed and sliced into halves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt for seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- flaky sea salt for seasoning, optional
Baking the Ham:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place a roasting rack on top of a baking sheet. Place the ham on it and score diagonally. Cover with foil and bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- As the ham cooks, prepare the glaze. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and combine mustard, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and apple cider. Bring to a boil then lower heat. Let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the liquid is reduced.
- During the last 45 minutes of cooking, baste the ham evenly with the glaze or until an internal temperature measures 140°F on the thickest part.
- Remove ham from the oven, glaze it once more, and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Roasting the Brussels Sprouts:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Get a baking sheet and arrange the brussels sprouts on it. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to season well.
- Roast for about 25 minutes or until the brussels sprouts are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake it halfway through roasting to distribute the flavors.
- Season with sea salt as desired. Serve it with the baked ham.
1 thought on “Perfect Christmas Dinner Ideas: Baked Ham and Roasted Brussels Sprouts”
This was sooo good. I thought it would be quite sweet but the balance was perfect.