We recently traveled out of the country to visit family. That month-long vacation consisted of bingeing on food — everywhere we went, we ate. Just imagine how much weight we’ve gained! So, when we came back, I decided to start the Keto diet because I have heard great reviews about how effective it is. One of the first recipes I made was this Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken. Now, this is a good reason to eat bacon. However, choose uncured bacon instead of the cured ones for a healthier option.
What’s So Special About Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken?
Our family loves bacon, so I searched for recipes with bacon. Good thing I found this delicious Keto bacon wrapped chicken recipe. It’s surprising that bacon is accepted in the Keto diet. Based on research, high fat meat is a staple in the Keto diet and bacon is acceptable so long as it is unprocessed and sugar-free. However, before starting any diet, make sure to check with a medical professional to make sure it is safe for you. Remember, the goal is to become healthier while losing weight.
As I was preparing the recipe, my son asked, “I thought you were going on a diet?” He saw all the bacon and wondered. So, I gave him a simple explanation of how bacon is okay with the Keto diet. He said that he is willing to try out the diet if we are gonna have bacon everyday LOL!
I highly recommend this Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken! Try it out and let us know in the comments how it went. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends, too!
Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 8 pieces boneless chicken thigh or chicken breast
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 pack uncured bacon
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- sun-dried tomatoes optional
- Preheat your pellet grill to 350 degrees F.
- Saute the ground turkey then add the onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, mushrooms and spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the ground turkey mixture is cooled, add the cream cheese and ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese. You can also add some sun-dried tomatoes. Mix well.
- Fill the chicken thigh or chicken breast with spinach and turkey mixture and wrap it with the bacon.
- Arrange the Keto bacon wrapped chicken in the cooling rack and place it on top of the baking sheet.
- Grill for approximately 1 hour. Crank the heat up to 425 degrees F in the last 15 minutes of cooking to crisp the bacon. Internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees F.