This Sticky Grilled Chicken Legs recipe is one of the best grilled recipes I’ve had!I really love the smell of barbecued food! No matter if it’s beef, pork, or chicken. I don’t know about you but there is something about grilled food that makes it so delicious. I guess it’s because we smell the food while it cooks which makes it more enticing. Add to that the smell of spices, herbs, and marinade.
Preparing the Grilled Chicken Legs
The easiest thing about this recipe is the marinade. With just a few ingredients, you have a really tasty marinade. I make it a point to prepare my barbecued meat or poultry a day in advance. The longer it marinates, the better the taste. Thus, it is better to marinate the chicken legs overnight so they really absorb the flavors.
The honey contributes to the stickiness of the marinade. Eating with your fingers makes the meal more enjoyable; so you can also lick your fingers afterward and enjoy the aftertaste. Just don’t forget to wash your hands before and after eating, okay? When I see my friends eating with their forks and barely getting all the meat I tell them that they’re really missing out the best part!
Grilling the Chicken
Whenever we grill our food, we always use a cooling rack and place it on top of the grill. This way, we don’t have to worry about the charcoal residue on the grill. We have an exclusive grilling rack that we only use for grilling so we don’t have to worry about cleaning up.
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can also just pan-fry this recipe. You can also use an indoor grill and just cook it on your stove. No need to use oil if you use a non-stick pan.
Another tip is to roast veggies beside the chicken as you grill them. You can also roast the chicken in the oven. Arrange the veggies on a baking sheet and place the roasting rack on top. Arrange the chicken pieces on the rack then roast them in the oven. The juices of the chicken will flavor your veggies. Otherwise, you can just make this Roasted Butternut Squash to pair with your grilled chicken legs.
I hope you’ll enjoy this grilled chicken legs recipe for your outdoor barbecue party. Enjoy the summer while it lasts!
Don’t forget to leave us a comment once you’ve tried this. Share this recipe with your friends, too!
Sticky Grilled Chicken Legs
- barbecue grill
- grill rack
- 2 1/2 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks green onions thinly sliced
- vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, green onions, and garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for the marinade.
- In a resealable bag, place the chicken and pour the 1/4 cup reserved marinade. Marinade for 2 hours or overnight.
- To grill, preheat grill to high. Get your cooling rack and grease it with vegetable oil. Place it on top of your grill and arrange the chicken pieces on it. Baste with the leftover marinade and flip every 3 to 4 minutes. Cook for about 24 to 30 minutes.
- You can also grill roasted veggies right beside the chicken drumsticks.
- To serve, garnish with sesame seeds.