Halloween is sneaking right around the corner. So are Thanksgiving and Christmas! This year, I plan to save on gifts and just create goodies, gummy recipes, or DIY crafts for the children. I believe that gifts made out of love are more priceless! Also, I’d like to instill in the younger generation that gifts do not have to be expensive — we need to teach them that material things should not be a priority.
Therefore, I decided to stock up on chocolates, jello, and gummy treats! I also planned to make some key chains, scented candles, and fridge magnets as giveaways. Of course, I will be using my ever reliable silicone molds for these projects.
I also have friends who are into arts and crafts. When I shared with them how I made scented candles, they bought their own sets of silicone molds!
Making Gummy Recipes — Fun With The Kids
Making gummies, candy, and chocolates are a great weekend activity with the kids, too! Instead of letting them play with gadgets, ask them to help you out in the kitchen. Not only do you teach them about household chores but they also learn about following instructions and exercising patience.
Creating gummy treats, soft candy, jello, and chocolates has been a weekend activity with my niece who loves visiting us! Since I have four sons, it’s refreshing to have a little girl at home. She loves putting the liquid in the silicone molds and waiting for them to set. She learned how to tell time just because of our weekly activity — isn’t she amazing?
So, I would like to share with you these gummy recipes in different fruity flavors that has been a hit with my niece. Store them in glass jars and just pack them in cellophane later on for giveaways. I’m sure other kids will love to receive these as gifts!
If you want to make it easier, you can just use Gluten & Fat Free Fla-Vor-Ice Freezer Pops, Ice Pops in Fruity Flavors.
Looking for sweet treats to satisfy your cravings? Try these delicious Low Carb Keto Chocolates!
Easy Gummy Recipe
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp unflavored gelatin
To Make Different Flavors:
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2/3 cup pureed strawberries mixed with 1/3 cup filtered water ;or
- 1/2 cup pureed blueberries mixed with 1/2 cup filtered water
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine all ingredients (depending on which flavor you chose) except the unflavored gelatin. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients well until free of lumps.
- Once the liquid is smooth, gradually stir in the unflavored gelatin. Avoid dumping the gelatin all at once because they will clump. Whisk continuously until free of lumps and turns into a glass-like consistency.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour into the silicone gummy molds. Let it set in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes. The gummies will pop out easily and can be kept in the fridge.
- Repeat the steps above for every gummy flavor.