Were you able to see the halftime show last weekend? Boy, that was one of the greatest halftime shows I have ever seen! I wasn’t really a fan of rap music but the production was very entertaining. Plus, it was kid-friendly. The halftime show brought some of the greatest rappers from the 90s. Now, I am feeling nostalgic again. Time to make some easy snacks and prepare for the weekend!
Game Day is always a big event at our home. That’s why, I have been making a list of easy snacks to make so I can stock up on supplies. You’ll never know who will join you for game day. The adrenalin rush brought about by watching sports and eating delicious food is the best combination!
Easy Snacks Made at Home
Sandwiches and burgers are the easiest snacks to make, especially during weekends. Not only are they easy to prepare, but they are also filling. You can also make Soft Chicken Tacos or Cajun Fried Chicken which are some of the favorites during game day. I also found this delicious Sticky Strawberry Barbecue Hot Wings recipe online and I’m also excited to try them this weekend! You can also create a refreshing salad to go with your snacks for a more filling meal!
If you have kids and they want to join the fun, you can also prepare the non-spicy version of the chicken burger. You can lessen the spices or just make another dish. I suggest this Oven-baked Fried Chicken because it’s easy to make and you don’t have to go through the hassle of preparing another dish just for the kids. Adults will love it, too!
Get Ready for Game Day and a Fun-Filled Weekend!
Whether it’s game day or you just want to spend a fun weekend with your family or friends, it won’t be complete without delicious food. This Cajun Chicken Burger is one of the best recipes you can make for a worthwhile weekend fun.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with others. Leave us a comment and let us know how your weekend went!
Easy Cajun Chicken Burger
- 4 pieces skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers smoked bacon
- 2 pieces avocados
- 4 pieces ciabatta rolls or burger buns
- 4 slices cheese of your choice
- 4 small handfuls baby spinach leaves
- mayonnaise for serving (optional)
For the Cajun seasoning:
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- Combine the ground cumin, ground coriander, and paprika in a small dish and set aside.
- Slightly flatten the chicken breasts. Drizzle half of the oil and the seasoning on the chicken and toss until well-coated.
- Heat the remaining oil on high on a large non-stick pan. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Push the chicken to one side of the pan then cook the bacon beside it.
- In the meantime, halve the avocados, remove the seed and cut into slices. Squeeze some lemon into the avocados to avoid darkening.
- Top the buns with cheese and toast until slightly melted.
- Once the chicken and bacon are cooked, assemble your burger.
- Spread some mayo on one side of the bun as desired, arrange the spinach leaves, bacon, avocado slices, and Cajun chicken slices.