Enjoy the refreshing taste of mangoes with this delicious shrimp tacos! What’s great about this recipe is that all the ingredients are fresh. Best to use fresh shrimps, too, instead of the frozen ones. The mango salsa for shrimp tacos adds a sweet and tangy flavor that everyone will surely enjoy.
Another thing I like about making this is that I can prepare the mango salsa and creamy cilantro sauce in advance. They taste better chilled so I can just store them in the fridge while I cook the shrimps. Anyway, shrimp does not take long to cook. The trick in cooking shrimp is that when it forms the letter “C” it means it’s already cooked.
What Goes with Shrimp Tacos
For your taco Tuesday or Mexican party, perhaps the best to pair with shrimp tacos is…tequila and margarita! But if you have kids, you can just settle for some ice cold lemonade. Nonetheless, shrimp tacos is perfect not just for taco parties but for everyday.
However, if you’re allergic to shrimp, you can also substitute it with fish such as mahi-mahi, cod, or tilapia fillets. You can also check out our fish tacos recipe and serve it with the mango salsa for shrimp tacos.
Anyway, I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I love the interplay of flavors coupled with the sweet and tangy taste of fresh mangoes. Plus, it’s not heavy on the belly so you won’t have to feel guilty after eating this.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and leave us a comment once you’ve tried it!
Easy Shrimp Tacos with Refreshing Mango Salsa
For the mango salsa:
- 1 1/2 cup yellow mangoes diced finely
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 3/4 cup jalapeño pepper deseeded and minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
For the shrimp:
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1.88 lbs shrimps peeled, deveined, tails removed
- chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
For the cilantro lime sauce:
- 1 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 3 tsp lime juice
- 2 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup prepared green salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 12 pieces corn or flour tortillas
- Prepare the mango salsa ahead of time by mixing all the salsa ingredients. Add salt to taste, place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Fresh mango salsa is best until 4 hours.
- Prepare the creamy cilantro sauce by mixing the ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. This can also be prepared 4 hours in advance.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil. Season the shrimp on both sides with salt and chili powder. Arrange the shrimp on a single layer and sear for 2 - 3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and form the letter C.
- Warm the tortillas. Assemble the cabbage, sauce, shrimp, and top of with mango salsa.