Special dinners need not take too much of your time. Nor should it be expensive. What I’ve learned over the years is that anything can taste really good provided that you have the right ingredients and they’re made with love. Even my sons know how to cook a good meal that is restaurant-worthy. That’s one of the reasons why we rarely dine out. Everyone in the family knows how to cook – even thought it’s just an easy sheet pan dish.
Since this weekend is Father’s Day. The boys decided that they will take care of lunch. They decided to make Lemon-Garlic Chicken. It’s an easy one pan meal that you just season and bake in the oven. Everything lies in the presentation. The boys even chipped in for a nice bottle of wine, their dad’s favorite, and will serve it with the meal. They also plan to make leche flan for dessert since it’s one of their dad’s favorites. Me? I’ll just make a good ole salad to top it all off.
Making an Easy Sheet Pan Dish
One pan meals are always a lifesaver, especially for busy parents. In fact, our newest product, the 2-piece baking sheet pans, come with a collection of sheet pan recipes that you can make.
Many working moms opt for one pan or easy sheet pan dishes because they’re so easy to make. You also don’t have to worry about having a lot of tools to clean up. There are so many cooking tools out there that makes meal prep and cooking easier. One example is the air fryer. Maybe next time we’ll put together an air fryer recipe eBook.
Special occasions are made special with lovingly prepared food. Plus, the fact that the family is together in one special day makes it better. You don’t need to buy expensive ingredients or buy expensive food to make any day special. Just make sure that you have the right ingredients and carefully prepared dishes and you’re good to go.
If you’re looking for more recipes to serve this Fathers Day, Mothers Day or any special occasions, visit our blog for a collection of easy to prepare recipes.
Leave us a comment once you’ve tried this dish. Don’t forget to share this with your friends!
Sheet Pan Meal Lemon Chicken and Garlic
- 1 Kitchenatics 2-piece baking sheet pan
- 6 pcs chicken thighs
- 6 pcs chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme or 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary (minced) or 1/4 tsp dried rosemary (crushed)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb baby red potatoes sliced into halves
- 1 pc medium lemon sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- In a bow, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves, thyme, salt, rosemary, and pepper.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the herbs mixture on the chicken pieces and rub until all pieces are well-coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover the remaining marinade and refrigerate.
- After 30 minutes, drain the chicken pieces and discard the marinade. Arrange them on a baking sheet pan. If you have the small quarter sheet pan, arrange the 6 pieces thighs on 1 pan and the 6 pieces drumsticks on the other pan.
- Arrange the potatoes in an even layer among the chicken pieces. Drizzle the remaining marinade on the chicken and potatoes and arrange the lemon slices on top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the internal temperature reads 170° to 175°F.
- Broil the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes 3 to 4 inches away from the heat.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley before serving.
2 thoughts on “Easy Sheet Pan Dish Lemon Garlic Chicken for Special Occasions”
This is an excellent recipe, husband loves it. Fixed for Sunday dinner and served steamed asparagus on the side
This is a great recipe. I also added red onion and mushrooms. They all roast together. Perfect one-pan meal. Thank you